1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

16841.uk

1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL in Ivy Green metallic for sale.<br />
A Tennessee car virtually all its life with the one family until sold to a Texas buyer in 2015. I purchased the car from a classic car dealer in Texas and it was imported earlier this year.<br />
Registered to me with the V5C in my name.<br />
This is a really nice, very original survivor car. It would appear to have had a very good re-paint some years ago and there are now a few scratches and marks on the bodywork but no rust coming through and the car presents very well.<br />
The interior is very tidy but there are a couple of splits to the driver"s seat cushion and a couple of slots have been cut in the dash pad for some reason.<br />
The engine is a 289 c.i. V8 backed with a 3-speed column shift manual transmission. It has no power brakes, no power steering and no air-con. The car has done 135,000 miles. The engine pulls well, the gearbox is quiet, the car rides remarkably well on the road and the steering is not heavy.<br />
The car is fitted with Torq Thrust wheels but I also have the original steel wheels and wheel covers.<br />
The original handbook and some paperwork including a log of work carried out over the years come with the car.<br />
Earlier this year the car was used in filming for the TV series "Outlander". It was driven by lead actor Caitriona Balfe and should hopefully appear on screen in a later series of the show.<br />
The Fairlane is up for sale as I now have too many cars and don"t have the time or the space for them all.<br />
Please call me for more information and I have more photos too. <br />

Date written: 08-Sep-2019

Price: <td><strong>£15995 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 16841

Back