1964 New York taxi limousine - weddings / proms For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

13721.jpg

****Relisted due to time waster****<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/your-chance-ultra-rare-new-2097855<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Due to a change in direction business wise, and with a heavy heart, I am offering for sale my 1964 Checker Aerobus limousine.<br />
<br />
<br />
Income has been strong from this vehicle since we purchased it, but we are having a bit of a change around.<br />
<br />
<br />
A sale had been agreed, but the buyer hasn"t turned up, so its back up for grabs. It will not be held for more than a week after a sale is agreed with a non refundable 500 deposit paid within 12 hours.<br />
<br />
This is not a stretched limo this vehicle was built this size and started its life as airport transport vehicle at JFK airport in New York.<br />
<br />
<br />
It was imported to the UK in 2007, where it was first developed into this stunner and in more recent years has been owned and significantly improved by me.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
The roof has been extensively repaired and strengthened, the small block chevy V8 engine has a new Edelbrock Manifold and four barrel carb. Other recent work includes suspension, air con and alternator while the braking have been completely over hauled.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
She also has a leisure battery system, and safety electrical cut offs while the roof advert and lights now work!<br />
<br />
<br />
The design on the advertising board is merely vinyl and can be removed simply and replacement with anything you see fit!<br />
<br />
<br />
The vehicle seats 8 passengers, and hopefully the pictures give you a semblance of just how nice and unique this car is!<br />
<br />
<br />
Albeit this was built in 1964 in the USA, parts are still very much available so you can own a unique vehicle and still actually maintain it!!!<br />
<br />
<br />
If you are looking for a car that offers great economy, this isn t for you.<br />
<br />
<br />
That said, driven carefully she does achieve 20 to the gallon. If i am being ultra critical, i think the carb needs a bit of tuning, as it does need a warm from cold and I think its running a little rich. This said, it has never caused me a problem.<br />
<br />
<br />
Mechanically, she has never wanted for anything and I am not aware of anything that needs doing.<br />
<br />
<br />
Cosmetically she is in good order.<br />
<br />
Internally, the passenger area is in cracking condition. Externally the paint is good, but good do with a touch up on the bonnet and pillars, albeit i think the wear shows character and has never detracted from the compliments it gets where ever it goes.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
The rear light lenses, which to be fair i should have replaced, have some cracks, but they are cheap to sort out.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
However, to be clear, the car 54 years old, it is not new. Viewing is welcome - in fact, its recommended.<br />
<br />
<br />
As a business this vehicle has done very well for me, but I have been given an opportunity that I need to fund and unfortunately I have made the decision for this to find a new owner.<br />
<br />
<br />
This is a turn-key business opportunity, or indeed your chance to own one of the rarest American exports.<br />
<br />
<br />
I have viewed loads of limousines of all different shapes and sizes over the years, and this is definitely the most eye catching and unique out there.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I am sure there are loads of things I have forgotten to put but I will add to the listing as and when.<br />
If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Viewing by appointment only. You will NOT be allowed to drive this vehicle until you are fully comp to do so. If you do test drive, I will be with you. You break it you buy it.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
THIS VEHICLE IS SOLD AS SEEN. NO WARRANTY IS IMPLIED OR GIVEN.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Thankyou :)<br />

Date written: 16-Oct-2018

Price: <td><strong>£11999 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 13721