1937 Morris Volksrod

Stephen CA

Core Member
Any thoughts on this? 1937 Morris body on a 1969 VW floor pan. Currently for sale. I have to say I'm very interested. Never seen anything even similar.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Certainly unusual. Even has a tow bar.

its comes up as a red bettle 1969 from the reg

Screenshot_20210110_141845_com.sixtownshousesharelimited.carcheck.jpg

Any plans for it if you buy it??

Do you think they are hiding something with the underseal it just being really cautious so it doesn't rust?

Looks very unusual and should get some interest at shows. The exhaust system is a work of art lol. As Dan says, I'd be on my guard too re the heavy underseal. Also, be careful about it being black but showing as red with the DVLA. The registered colour can be changed but costs £25 if I remember correctly. Could be a couple of points to raise with the seller?

Thanks all for the good advice as always. Having spent the weekend doing research on DVLA rules regarding highly modified cars and the 8-point system and also looking at a few other points, including the underseal issue, I have another long list of questions to ask the seller. The fact that it's in Lincolnshire doesn't help with looking at it either!

I was going back to the seller yesterday afternoon with the various questions we've already discussed. Anyway, when I went to reply to his previous message, everything came back as "Unavailable" and "Item Removed by Seller" so presumably it has either already been sold or removed for another reason. Thanks everyone for the advice as always. I'll just keep looking, although I have found this lovely 32 Roadster, unfortunately its £45k more expensive,,,,:((y)

1610798042300.png

Looks like it didn't sell! Re-listed at offers over £4.5k.

Good luck :) :). Hope you get the answer you want enough to make you want to go for it :) :)

Back