User sign up message

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
When a new person signs up to the website it sends a welcome message

This is the email that comes through.
1000065991.png

I wonder if this can be improved. Maybe a brief description of the sections like the 'media' for car show photos.
Calender for things that are coming up.

If you were to join a website/forum what would you find welcoming? What would you like to see?

When I click on 'Solent renegades' on my screen, it goes straight to Forums. Is there a home page with lots of useful information somewhere? I don't remember seeing one. Also, could you put minimal info on fakebook and direct users to the website for more info? Not being a user I don't know how these things work.

Last edited:
says 674 members. only 4 maybe 5 post on forum disgraceful percentage

Come on members don't let Ai tech and that meta universe thing take over

Looking good!
That was a good idea of yours. It's something we had years ago. Lost it after a forum change. It's certainly better to have a welcoming page and pages from that rather than just a forum. I lost focus on what was needed. So its always great to hear input from others.

Keep up the good ideas and I'll try my best to implement them.

says 674 members. only 4 maybe 5 post on forum disgraceful percentage

Come on members don't let Ai tech and that meta universe thing take over
A lot of them were probably spam signups. There is an automated email that goes out to users that are inactive to give them a nudge to join in.
We get new users very infrequently. So somehow need to try to keep them engaged and to want to keep coming back.

They can start their own threads they can post on other threads. 👍

Home page looks good but when I click on from my screen it still goes straight to forums rather than the home page. It may be just me or the link is not working as it should. Maybe I have to delete my current link and start again. Or is it different for new members? Just asking is all.

You are right Chris. It will land on the forum pages. This is a fix I need to implement. I have configured it correct(or so I beleive) following documentation, but it not working.
I think this is the next thing I should focus on. I can always improve the page content later.

Yep, fixed now, well done!

Back