Door mirrors

renchero

The Ranchero door mirror is a bit loose on the off side and not easy to adjust. so i have a plan
mondeo door mirror motors and discovery switch. this bit works. will the project work ?
watch this space
thumbnail_20240428_201449.jpg

i would like to use a chrome plated switch but have so far not been able to find one [ in this country]

might be of some help?????????????

thanks for the reply just looked at both can't see anything i have asked car builder.com if they have anything ,just waiting for reply

1715079594264.png

found a switch that i think will look right. 81-89 Lincoln. it should fit in the some place as the original drivers side wire controlled mirror. next problem, how to wire it

google LINCOLN (plus model) wiring diagram you might find one ig you do it for a trans am you get lots of diagrams so you might get lucky, good luck

google LINCOLN (plus model) wiring diagram you might find one ig you do it for a trans am you get lots of diagrams so you might get lucky, good luck
i did that and had no luck. so i tried crown vic and wire color codes. i think i know have the information needed, just have to wait for the part to arrive

looking at the picture i posted i think its going to work

Last edited:
(y)

1715359752426.png

1715359805152.png

thank you. i think i now have the information, just need to wait for the switch, its with USPS. i am in no rush to get this done, been thinking about it for years and will likely wait till winter before stripping the doors. do i mod the mirrors i have or buy a new pair just in case it all goes pear shape

Pear shaped mirrors is a 'thing' So all is not lost if they go pear shaped.
1715434520485.png

Back