Working on RSS Feeds

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
As you may have notice we have an RSS feed section to the forum. These are articles from other websites, eg. when a New Camaro is release its announced. This is sometimes just a link with no description. I'm working on writing a program which uses the link to fetch data from the website it would link to. Grab an image, title, couple of paragraphs, writers name and link to the article too. So it gives us a bit more reading on the forum before clicking the link.
Now I had done something like this before for the TopGear RSS feed, but something changed and it stopped working, so I will be addressing this too.

Thats what I'm tinkering with today, it wont effect the forum at all, as all the pre-fetching is on a totally different website. :)

Finally got back to looking at this. Thought I'd get it enabled again just for the TopGear car news. well had a few bugs to go though, its reliably grabbing an image and a paragraph of text to get you interested and you can click though to top gear for more info. The default info from the RSS Feed only gave a single line of text. I thought our readers could do with a little more.

Back