Vauxhall Electric Vehicle

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Just seen an advert on TV that Vauxhall are bringing out a fully electric corsa. 209 mile range. Sounds good so went in their website to take a look, as one day when I get rid of the Kia a small EV is likely the direction I go.

Screenshot_20191226_202621_com.android.chrome.jpg

Wow fully electric vehuvke starting at £15k sounds too good to be true, I was expecting £25k+

Okay going into the build options, there are now 3 engines, petrol, diesel and e oil ecttic.
Screenshot_20191226_202610_com.android.chrome.jpg

Basic EV has jumped up to over £30k, I think the first page is very misleading.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191226_202621_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191226_202621_com.android.chrome.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 2
Why bother? If your mileage will be low and you will
Still have access to a real car, buy used and save yourself £££££

I must admit, I've always been of that opinion when it comes to brand new cars. I mean, there are some cases where depending on the car, there isn't much cost difference between new and used (probably like your Kia Dan??) And you usually get a longer warranty with new of course. But by buying a late used car, you are letting someone else swallow the massive initial depreciation.
Although, the choice of available used, fully electric cars must surely still be pretty limited at the moment?
I'm sure all manufacturers will soon be producing fully electric models. It will be interesting to see what emerges.

One other point to add about buying a new electric car over a used one...it removes the uncertainty of how much life is in the batteries :unsure:
They ain't cheap to replace lol.

The Kia is great for nipping round town, it's only done 20k miles, so should be many miles left in it. Maybe 2 or 3 years down the line I make looking into EV options. I don't do a lot of miles, and if I slowly charge the EV on sunny days then I done need to pay for charging. The money I save on petrol may only be about £400 a year. Is it worth spending £20k more on a car (Kia was £10k, EVs seem to be approx £30k)
It is nice having the new car smell.

Back