Two pointless items currently being advertised on TV

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Remote Heating Control
One annoying advert is the 'Hive' advert. awful singing, but I guess its to stick in your mind. Control your heating while you are out from your phone. We have this installed already as it came with the bundle. I guess you could set your heating to a minimum on the old thermostat when you went out and your house wouldn't go below that. Other than being delayed out at work, and you may want to switch your heating off. Other than that i think it is just a sales gimmick with no possible real use!.
[video=youtube;tg762649_X8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg762649_X8[/video]

Curved TV's
Well I don't know about anyone else, but when watching TV I tend to be watching it with someone else. Or I'm at my desk in the dining room watching TV.
Well this curved TV is designed for 1 person to be sitting perfectly square on and a certain distance away for optimal position. The curved design is designed to give that one person a great picture, so you are viewing all the pixels at the same distance.
They say it doesn't matter if you watch it off angle. Well what is the point then? why make something with a selling point it gives a better picture when viewed in a certain position, but then say it dosn't matter about this feature as everyone can view a picture. Well if someone is 45 degrees off, like if you have the TV in a corner, and you have a couple of 2 seater sofa's, then your gonna be worse off with this TV than a flat screen.
Another useless gimmick people will probably buy because they think its better and its one step ahead of their neighbors.

Just had to get that off my chest. lol

Last edited:
I agree Dan. How about a new thread called "most annoyng adverts"? :) :)

Yes good idea. That could generate some views on the forum.

I've popped the thread in a new sub-forum in the renegades cafe called Most Annoying Adverts, as I'm sure we will get a few annoying adverts listed. :)

Back