This Saturday is your opportunity to be a movie star

Neo53

Here's something for the those of us who like to do something a little different now and then :nod:

The PAYG Mobile company I use (GiffGaff) is seeking people to join in on a new marketing campaign [commercial] in Surrey.

From GiffGaff -

"We are planning something a little exciting for our next Marketing campaign. In fact, one of the reasons it's so exciting is that we'd love for you to star in it.

We need as many members as possible to play apart of a crowd. We'll reveal more soon however, if the following sounds good to you, please let us know in the comments section below;

• you're free on Saturday 4th May
  • can get to a location in Surrey (c.60 minutes from London)
  • you're 16 years or over (sorry it's a Legal thing)
  • are happy being filmed
  • ...and most importantly, fancy getting in some Movie-style make-up and having some fun

Once we see who's interested and can meet the above, we'll pop you a PM with a bit more info. As you know, this is giffgaff and here we do things a little differently - needless to say this is going to be fun and exciting.

We'd love for as many of you as possible to get involved, the more the merrier, so if you have any friends you'd like to bring, great but let us know how many of you are coming."

I am trying to get details as I write this and will forward it to any Renegader who would like to come! I will be there for sure (unless hell freezes over) and think it sounds like a fun day out. Definitely an experience for those who haven't had the "fun" of being extras for TV or a Movie ;) COME, EVEN IF ITS FOR THE FREE FOOD! :tea:

EDIT: Got the details now! Have a CLOSE read and see if you're up for it. I will be going and would be cool to see ya guys there. They say I can invite friends and thought I would extent the invite out to you guys as well, after all "the more the merrier". :first:

Besides. FREE FOOOOOOOOOD! :clap:

From GiffGaff -
"Firstly, thank you for saying you are up for getting involved in our new exciting Marketing campaign. Super stuff.

We said we'd pass on some more info, so here it is. Between us giffgaffers (*looks over both shoulders*) we want you to play a part of a Zombie in our new video. Yep that's right, the undead, the walking dead, the nearly dead, the should be dead.

We are using a story about Zombies to bring to life just how great and different giffgaff is. You, with lots of members, folk from the giffgaff team and some extras, will all play Zombies and swarm onto an unsuspecting village.

We are working with a Zombie expert Director, who made this film Cockney's V's Zombies and will let you know what to do on the day. We'll all be put in full Zombie make-up and will need to perfect our Zombie walk.

Never played a Zombie before, but are up for it? Take a look at this Zombie guide for everything you'll need to know. Why not film and send us a video of you playing a Zombie before the big day. We'll collect them all and pop them up in the Community when we launch this new campaign.

Here's the important details.

-- You're free on Saturday 4th
-- You can get to Brockham in Surrey. It is 45/60 minutes from Uxbridge and London for a 8am
-- Are 16 years or over (sorry it's Legal thing)
-- Are happy being filmed
--...and most importantly, fancy getting in some Movie make-up ad having some fun

Prepare yourself for a long day. It starts at 8am and finishes in the evening, the latest is 9pm. Long day but good fun.

Happy to have you with us, you fellow Zombie giffgaffer."

EDIT No. 2 -- More information about the event. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! Message me the details they require if you. Need to submit this ASAP.

From GiffGaff --
"Hi :) Thanks for registering your interest for Saturday!

Can we please have names and mobile numbers for each person attending. We need to have this for Legal reasons. Members will be required to sign a release form - meaning we are allowed to film them and then use it in Marketing.

Lunch is provided.

Details

1: Parking - there will be parking provided on Saturday and parking will be free. Address for parking, Old Barley Mo Works, Phase 2 Car Park, Old Reigate Road, Betchworth, RH3 7LW. From Old Reigate Road, follow the temporary bright orange 'LOC' signs. The turning is just by a pub.

From here you will be transported to the location.

2: Train - the nearest train station is Dorking, it's on the South Wests Trains line:http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/uploads/networkmapjuly2012.pdf

3: A mini bus will pick people up from Dorking and take them to the location.

4: Everyone will be in make-up from 10am.

If travelling by car, if they can aim to be there for 9.45am

If travelling by train, if they can be at Dorking Station for 9.30am, the mini bus will pick them up. 9.30 is definite – I know the previous message said 8am. There will be people in brightly coloured tabards. From there they will be transferred by mini bus to the make-up and then take to the location.

5. Clothing - please bring 'normal' 'everyday' clothes t'shirt, shirt, jeans that you don't mind potentially getting fake blood on and maybe some mud.

Please note some members have read that there is an upper age limit – there is NO upper age limit, please don't believe anything which hasn't been posted or PM'ed by staff on this event – thanks!"

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting. Free food sounds very tempting too, I'm going to be at a wedding with free food this Saturday.
I would have popped up to take a look otherwise. I don't think I've ever been on telly.

Thanks for posting Neo are you going up to this?

Last edited:
Unless something happens I am planning to be there :)

To be fair, I bet your Wedding Food will be nicer :hungry:

Haha....it's my brother's wedding. Sounds like a great day dressing up (better than the bridesmaid dress I'll be wearing...more fun :D )

D'OH!! Had to clash, didnt it :mmph:

Well, if I can get photos, if it interests anyone (and if I can take any? Sometimes they dont care for you to).

OOOOH! Change of subject but look what I just got! Details about joining this event! Giggidy :bounce:

From GiffGaff -
"Firstly, thank you for saying you are up for getting involved in our new exciting Marketing campaign. Super stuff.

We said we'd pass on some more info, so here it is. Between us giffgaffers (*looks over both shoulders) we want you to play a part of a Zombie in our new video. Yep that's right, the undead, the walking dead, the nearly dead, the should be dead.

We are using a story about Zombies to bring to life just how great and different giffgaff is. You, with lots of members, folk from the giffgaff team and some extras, will all play Zombies and swarm onto an unsuspecting village.

We are working with a Zombie expert Director, who made this film Cockney's V's Zombies and will let you know what to do on the day. We'll all be put in full Zombie make-up and will need to perfect our Zombie walk.

Never played a Zombie before, but are up for it? Take a look at this Zombie guide for everything you'll need to know. Why not film and send us a video of you playing a Zombie before the big day. We'll collect them all and pop them up in the Community when we launch this new campaign.

Here's the important details.

-- You're free on Saturday 4th
-- You can get to Brockham in Surrey. It is 45/60 minutes from Uxbridge and London for a 8am
-- Are 16 years or over (sorry it's Legal thing)
-- Are happy being filmed
--...and most importantly, fancy getting in some Movie make-up ad having some fun

Prepare yourself for a long day. It starts at 8am and finishes in the evening, the latest is 9pm. Long day but good fun.

Happy to have you with us, you fellow Zombie giffgaffer."

Last edited:
Hi neo , have a look at ..silent studios ..resident evil directors cut ...on you tube , and you will see how us cops sort out zombies ....lol

Here you go Mark, some police cars in it and look a bit familiar after 2:08
[video=youtube;MTF6pmtcX7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MTF6pmtcX7k#t=128s[/video]
Also take a look at 3:39 the Credits, I see Marks name in there. Well done Mark for getting into this and reducing the amount of Zombies.

Last edited:
I'll be that one cleaver zombie that always eludes up until the second you least expect it :bump2:

Thanks for posting dan , that's my other job playing cop and shooting zombies .....:mod:

That was a great day , may have some more filming sooooon . Most of the swat team were lunch ....lol

More information about the event. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! Message me the details they require if you. Need to submit this ASAP.

From GiffGaff --
"Hi :) Thanks for registering your interest for Saturday!

Can we please have names and mobile numbers for each person attending. We need to have this for Legal reasons. Members will be required to sign a release form - meaning we are allowed to film them and then use it in Marketing.

Lunch is provided.

Details

1: Parking - there will be parking provided on Saturday and parking will be free. Address for parking, Old Barley Mo Works, Phase 2 Car Park, Old Reigate Road, Betchworth, RH3 7LW. From Old Reigate Road, follow the temporary bright orange 'LOC' signs. The turning is just by a pub.

From here you will be transported to the location.

2: Train - the nearest train station is Dorking, it's on the South Wests Trains line:http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/uploads/networkmapjuly2012.pdf

3: A mini bus will pick people up from Dorking and take them to the location.

4: Everyone will be in make-up from 10am.

If travelling by car, if they can aim to be there for 9.45am

If travelling by train, if they can be at Dorking Station for 9.30am, the mini bus will pick them up. 9.30 is definite ? I know the previous message said 8am. There will be people in brightly coloured tabards. From there they will be transferred by mini bus to the make-up and then take to the location.

5. Clothing - please bring 'normal' 'everyday' clothes t'shirt, shirt, jeans that you don't mind potentially getting fake blood on and maybe some mud.

Please note some members have read that there is an upper age limit ? there is NO upper age limit, please don't believe anything which hasn't been posted or PM'ed by staff on this event ? thanks!"

Taking the last interest for the RSVP

Hope it all went well, cant wait to see photos too. :)

Did you dress up and have a good time?

N'ah, Dan. Had a terrible time....Day was a bit dead ;) (kidding kidding!)

GiffGaff Zombie Filming from Neo53's albums

Some photos up! Couldn't get TONS of variety as husband and I were apart of filming and it was tough getting time to photo bits - It was a full day to say in the least. Enjoy everyone!! :)

Back