The EU Cookie Law

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
All websites owned in the EU or targeted towards EU citizens, are now expected to comply with the law.

The Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer, smartphone or tablet.

It was designed to protect online privacy, by making consumers aware of how information about them is collected and used online, and give them a choice to allow it or not.

Cookies are used on this website for logging in. So therefore we need to comply with the law. In the next few days there will be something on the website to let users know we use cookies, and you can click yes or no to continue.

At work I use two browsers. One automatically rejects cookies for all sites. The other has exceptions for sites that need cookies that I need for work purposes.
My mobile devices reject cookies and I search using a secure (ish) browser that does not record history or store information.
I am very aware of data about me might end up and its not always in the right hands - hence my anti google and facebook stance!

I had installed the modification to add in the cookie message, but it wouldn't vanish when you clicked on okay. Weather that was a bug, or due to the caching methods of the forum I didn't get round to going deeper at the time so just disabled it.
There has been an update to the plug-in so will give it another go getting it going later, perhaps today....

Thanks Dan

Back