Test link using ipad - vintage wallpaper

Thanks Ray.

Nope still not working on my iPad either which is on 8.3 - how strange!

Downloaded and tested two other browsers too, both also crash at the same point.
Dan, any Java updates applied to web servers?

The javascript file for the editor part, which covers all buttons in the editor is 'ckeditor.js', this is hosted on the web server under my control (so not linking to another website where I don't have control of updates) this file hasn't changed. Something is amiss somewhere. I will try some thing tommorow, may be its calling a function from a file which dosn't exist. When Ray tried it, its the first time his iPad has been on the website, I wonder if its something caught in the cache on the iPad, but probably not, just plucking ideas.

Anyway, I'll try something tomorrow as gotta progress on another website tonight.

Testing on iPhone6 with ios8.3. See the exact same issue insert link and email fails, but insert image and video is fine.
Seems it's some but crept in in ios8.3. Tested here on iOS 8.2 and works fine.

Not sure what route is best to take here. Ran various tests on the forum, disabling cache, serving all files from the webserver etc..Searched for other people with same issues but havn't come across any yet. Searched for Ios8.3 bugs, wowsers, some people loosing WiFi, iPlayer and YouTube wont work, however not found anything about the link button in forums. Its odd of the insert picture works, and it brings up a similar box.

It certainly seems many devices running ios8.2 have no issues with the 'insert link' however all devices tested with ios8.3 show the fault. It would appear to be a bug in the ios update, and at the moment there doesn't seem to be a work around. (unless you type the URL tags manually)

I found a few issues with vbulletin and ios8.3 reported but no fixes posted.
Two were identical symptoms.
Guess we will have to wait for Apple to fix. In the short term it just means we won't be able to use hyperlinks properly, just paste them into the body of the post.

Wrap it in tags like this, as its all the link button does anyway.
HTML:
[url=http://www.Apple.com]Apple[/url]
Hope the fix becomes available soon, soo many people must also be experiencing the issue. you never know, people may be searching for the solution and end up on this thread.

Back