T-Top leaves the car on a drag strip

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
[video=youtube;Q2AfsBrpwRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q2AfsBrpwRQ[/video]
The poster of this Youtube video decides that attaching his GoPro hanging down beneath the T-top of his fourth gen Camaro would be an awesome spot to catch all the action, and boy, was he right. When he attached the action cam firmly in place, he never expected to capture exactly what he did. Upon shifting into third gear, the T-top is ripped from the roof of the car and thrust into the air in dramatic fashion. The former piece of the Camaro does a couple of back flips before shattering on the asphalt that lies below. Every second of the action was caught on his camera, which managed to survive.

Mark was talking to me about T-Tops coming off when we were at Alton. Probably quite expensive to replace.

That's not going to be cheap to replace.....that's why I don't like touching yours Dan! Lol....I'd drop them!

The 4th gens have rubber edging unlike the 3rd gens, however it seems they do not pass a bounce test.

I usually make sure they are clipped in, there is a good 10mm the pin goes in at front and back. He either didn't push the release handle fully or the car twisted soo much it created a larger gap therefore pins coming out and flying into the air.

Back