Spotted. Gen 3 (I think) Firebird in Denmead

chris68coupe

Super Moderator
Just seen a red Gen3 Firebird in my road. Saw the Pontiac badge on the hood and a quick image search helped to identify what it was.

Not seen one around in ages. What colour was it?

Mainly red with some black trim, quite angular mid 80's styling. I'm not too hot on Pontiacs so I had to do an image search to identify it. Not seen it around before. Either local or lost!

I could be completely wrong of course, it could be a similar age Trans-Am?

Last edited:
The Camaro is very similar with more redefined wheel arches, but as you saw the Pontiac bage it was most likely the Firebird. Other Pontiac models are quite different, like GrandAm, Bonniville or Fiero.
The Firebird comes in many different trim levels like SE, Formula, Trans-Am and probably a few others. They are all Firebirds with little differences like electric windows, or different suspension.

Thanks for that, if it is local I will try and pay more attention if I see it again.

did it look like this shape chris?
1709830148709.png

Very similar, only really saw it head on for a few secs. I don't remember the hood vents or the center crease. The badge was front and center of the hood (Not shown in your pic).

Different nose cones for different years, this is a 1991.
1709843565555.png

You mentioned it didn't have a crease. Perhaps it was a 4th gen
1709843732544.png

Def not a Gen4 and straighter lines than your first pic. As said before, brief view - Can't remember everything!

Can't remember everything lol that's called old age welcome to the club lol.🤣

As I'm now officially an 'Old age pensioner' I've earned the right to forget stuff and also to be Grumpy!

we are in the same club, yep great oap discount in most places now what a result its great being grumpy lol,
what was that car you saw again a mirage of a Pontiac was it lol,,,,

Last edited:
we are in the same club yep get oap discount in most places now what a result its great being grumpy lol, what was that car you saw again a mirage of a Pontiac was it lol,,,,
OAP fish and chips?

You in the same club as well then lol.🤣

Back