Question- what have you planned for your car over the winter months?

saleen 192

Core Member
So the winter months are here some still keep there cars on the road some take of and sorn them some do repairs upgrades . Some even buy a project

So what plans for your car/truck over winter months

I might take valve covers of and paint,oil change, and clean the old girl up ready for new season,

I've got welding to get done on the front end and tidy up the paintwork on the front after dinking it last year.

I'm not really sure yet. I have tax till Feb, would be nice to Sorn it, but I wish to take it to Wickham on boxing Day. I could do with parking it up and use the Fiesta more, but Sarah needs it to get to work at the mo until the bike is MOT'd. Work been hectic here, trying to earn more pennies, so note really thought about the car much. It could do with a new paint job, and the minor repair on the side, but may have to win money for that to happen.:noidea:

So no one has any plans for their cars over the winter months ????????????????????????

Yes we do - on the Vette anyway.

There is a common potential issue with the valve springs breaking. We have bought the replacements - just need time now.

Will also be replacing the idler Pully's and tensioned and belts too :)

Nothing to do on the Fiero - she's now sorn'd :(

Yes we do - on the Vette anyway.
There is a common potential issue with the valve springs breaking. We have bought the replacements - just need time now.
Will also be replacing the idler Pully's and tensioned and belts too :)
Nothing to do on the Fiero - she's now sorn'd :(

Have fun changing the valve springs, are you going to do that with the heads on the car or take them off? Are you going for dual valve springs? When will you be starting that job?
Good luck with it anyway. Ideal time to do it over the winter.

Have fun changing the valve springs, are you going to do that with the heads on the car or take them off? Are you going for dual valve springs? When will you be starting that job?
Good luck with it anyway. Ideal time to do it over the winter.

Going to be doing them with heads on. The new springs we have are single springs and are slightly upgraded ones and don't fall within "bad years" :)

We hope to start the job soon. As soon as the ebay auctions end and have the money to buy the Pulleys I will order them and as soon as they arrive we will do all the jobs in one go!

Hope to get it done soon as she is still taxed - maybe we will come to the Boxing Day meet :)

The Camaro will be on the road as it is the only car I have. I have just fitted a Keyless entry kit to it and I have just ordered the parts to reinstate the rear corner markers and make them UK spec. Because the car is a Canadian export there is no wiring loom either so I have had to find one of those as well.

Dave

Well no plans for the car as yet, as my task is to get it under cover nearly there hope to get the roof on tomorrow, then I will have the option to work on it even if its raining which will be most weekends :) Rain that is not working lol

Thinking of putting the econoline into a wall

Now why would you want to do that Mason ?

So with so few of us working on are vechiles over the winter months they should all be up and running for next years events :tongue1::whistle::whistle::becky:

No excusses now then we should have the biggest turn out of cars then :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

sick of it never buying a right hand yank as its falling apart from the right hand drive conversion and no list on parts used we got no way it fix it as soon as we find a new van im striping it and cut it up

Back