Portsmouth Chargeable Zone

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
new route to be planned for cruise then ,

So who is going 1st to surges new route with drawing / map of purposed new route??

I'll whip up a map like last time. It will be fine.

Its a shame soo many places are doing chargable zones.

There used to be a Hayling cruise many years ago, don't know who used to run it though.

There used to be a Hayling cruise many years ago, don't know who used to run it though.
Yeah I do remember that, used to be a monthly thing. Not sure who organised it, perhaps it wasn't organised, just a gathering and a drive.

Cant get my bearings on the map on link dose it effect the farmhouse pub?

as ranchero sys so many shop closed down due to covid and now this as well they are not doing much to help the retial sector,

Cant get my bearings on the map on link dose it effect the farmhouse pub?

as ranchero sys so many shop closed down due to covid and now this as well they are not doing much to help the retial sector,
No, the east side of portsmouth isn't effected, so the Farmhouse is safe for now.

The zone starts at the bottom of the M275, so the France ferry is just outside the catchment area, the Wightlink Ferry is a little further into portsmouth, and is charagable.

So you could get to the start of the southsea cruise by going down the east side of portsmouth, and if we don't go near the uiniversaty we would avoid the charageble zone.

I'm in favour of reducing city pollution within reason, but I agree with the other comments, this will affect businesses. Hell of a time to bring it in, just when they are trying to recover from the impact of Covid!
Maybe they are banking on more people using the park and ride?

Planted lots of trees then will to of set your carbon foot print lol.....

Nothing for the people to park and ride for if shops have closed down

Seams to be in dependant coffee and cafe shops open up wonder how long they will last.

Planted lots of trees then will to of set your carbon foot print lol.....

Nothing for the people to park and ride for if shops have closed down

Seams to be in dependant coffee and cafe shops open up wonder how long they will last.
True! Lol. Not much space left in Portsmouth for more trees 😆
And good point re there being less shops for the park and ride to serve. Also, it says busses will be charged £50?
If that includes P&R busses,the ticket prices will go up so less people will use it anyway. Another blow for the businesses ☹️

True! Lol. Not much space left in Portsmouth for more trees 😆
And good point re there being less shops for the park and ride to serve. Also, it says busses will be charged £50?
If that includes P&R busses,the ticket prices will go up so less people will use it anyway. Another blow for the businesses ☹️

well said

Back