Oil advice and Recommendation

Hi Folks,

If you are having trouble finding out which Engine Oil is right for your car, please use our lookup guide.

If you need help finding your car, or it is modified in any way, you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or just ask here.

Cheers
Oilman

Oilman,

Looking for advice please.
My car is a 2002 Corvette Z06.

I want to change both gearbox and diff oils, and for the diff I think I want to go with Redline synthetic 75W-90 GL5 which I believe should be a suitable oil.
1. This oil contains the required additive for the clutches?
2. I require 2 quarts?

What would you recomend for the gearbox? It's the M6 which should be Dexron III ATF as standard. Sticking with Redline - recomendations?

Thanks

Oilman,

Looking for advice please.
My car is a 2002 Corvette Z06.

I want to change both gearbox and diff oils, and for the diff I think I want to go with Redline synthetic 75W-90 GL5 which I believe should be a suitable oil.
1. This oil contains the required additive for the clutches?
2. I require 2 quarts?

What would you recomend for the gearbox? It's the M6 which should be Dexron III ATF as standard. Sticking with Redline - recomendations?

Thanks

Good Morning American Thunder,

Sorry about the late reply, I will sort it out so we get a reply straight away.

We would stick with the Red line for your Diff. It is the right oil for your car.

For the gear box we would use something like;

RED LINE D4 Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid

Redline D4 which meets your specs.

We have a 15 percent offer off all engine and gear oils with the discount code: OIL15

Cheers
Phil

Can we use both discount codes?

Struggling to find the correct oils for your car? Then just ask the Oilman.

To help us to give the most accurate advice possible we do need some information about your car. e.g.:

Make:
Model:
Year:
Engine type:
Performance modifications:
Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)
Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known
What recommendation are you looking for? Engine, Gearbox, Diff etc.

You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

Hi Folks,

Opie Oils has some fantastic offers on at the moment so please check our Current Offers >>>>>

If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

Good Morning American Thunder,

Sorry about the late reply, I will sort it out so we get a reply straight away.

We would stick with the Red line for your Diff. It is the right oil for your car.

For the gear box we would use something like;

RED LINE D4 Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid

Redline D4 which meets your specs.

We have a 15 percent offer off all engine and gear oils with the discount code: OIL15

Cheers
Phil

All ordered. Thanks.

Chevrolette oil enquiry

Hi, I have just imported a 1962 Chevrolet corvette, the engine is original, good, and strong, I have been advised because of the age of the vehicle it is reccomended to use 10w 30 as the viscosity grade for an older american V8 engine as it offers a higher flow rate to promote cooling, would you advise this grade of oil, any help is appreciated, as I want to protect my old engine....Thanks

Alan

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Year: 1962
Engine type: 5.3 litre V8 Small Block
Performance modifications: none
Driving style: on road use only

Hi, I have just imported a 1962 Chevrolet corvette, the engine is original, good, and strong, I have been advised because of the age of the vehicle it is reccomended to use 10w 30 as the viscosity grade for an older american V8 engine as it offers a higher flow rate to promote cooling, would you advise this grade of oil, any help is appreciated, as I want to protect my old engine....Thanks

Alan

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Year: 1962
Engine type: 5.3 litre V8 Small Block
Performance modifications: none
Driving style: on road use only

Hi Alan

A 10w-30 could be a good choice, but there are a couple of things to be careful about. In over 50 years, I would have thought there would be some engine wear, which could lead to low oil pressure or high oil consumption with a 10w-30. Has the engine ever been rebuilt?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,
Sorry for the late reply, I have been working overseas, I do not know if the engine has ever been rebuilt as I had very little history when I had it imported, the engine seems strong and no noises, plus drives very nice.

Regards
Alan

Back