"Mustang Silly"

Stephen CA

Core Member
I laughed myself off my chair at the comment by Charlie Hampton!!!
In a day and age when modern Mustangs and Camaros are more than a match for their European counterparts even on tracks like the Nurburgring he has to make an ill informed comment like that.
Oh well, his stupidity is now on the Internet forever.
Can you say “dickhead?”

Weee, what a numpty.

Can he get the car back? Did he have insurance but due to mods was invalid?

Weee, what a numpty.

Can he get the car back? Did he have insurance but due to mods was invalid?
I was wondering the same...whether he thought he had insured it, but that it wasn't covered due to a technicality?
If it wasn't insured at all though...fair cop really!

And I like Mustangs, but it's not a car that would spring to mind if someone said "supercar" lol.

And I like Mustangs, but it's not a car that would spring to mind if someone said "supercar" lol.
True, 'supercar' to me is Veyron, Zonda, high end Ferrari's, Lambos, Mclarens. Not something you can get from your local ford dealer down the road. Maybe Iconic, as its roots go back years, if you ask a a non car person to name an American car, its will likley be Mustang, or perhaps even Caddilac.

True, 'supercar' to me is Veyron, Zonda, high end Ferrari's, Lambos, Mclarens. Not something you can get from your local ford dealer down the road. Maybe Iconic, as its roots go back years, if you ask a a non car person to name an American car, its will likley be Mustang, or perhaps even Caddilac.

Or Trans Am.....particularly Black and Gold ones....

They are lovely but my particular favourite is pre 75.
Give me a 73 Mc Q T/A in Brewster green or even the bronze 74 Esprit from early Rockford files.

This one? Jim Rockford's car and Starkey's red Torino sparked my love of American cars. We didn't have anything that exotic in the West Midlands in the 1970s, although my dad did have a Mk 3 Cortina in the same colour.....

image.jpeg

That’s the one. Lovely although as my first American car was a 74 with the 250ci i6 engine I’m probably biased!! Would love to have it back but according to the DVLA someone has painted it solar gold (a colour from later years) and dropped a 400 V8 in it. Charm gone for me.

That's a shame, I think people believe they are doing what's right for the cars by putting bigger engines in them and modifying them to bring them more up to date. Unfortunately older cars like Americans are getting harder to find unmodified. As the saying goes "It's only original once".

if not insured than good driver was court ,

if not insured than good driver was court ,
Was watcihng a police program on TV a few years back, they said 1 in 10 drivers in Bradford have car insurance. Why can 90% get away with it. They seem to think it is optional. I did visit Bradford once with my engineering manager, we certainly felt out of place up there. Saw many cars go though red lights infront of Police, its a different world up there.

EDIT:- 50% of drivers in Bradford has insuraance, 1 in 8 cars in London are not insured. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-captital-Britain-half-motorists-cover.html

Was watcihng a police program on TV a few years back, they said 1 in 10 drivers in Bradford have car insurance. Why can 90% get away with it. They seem to think it is optional. I did visit Bradford once with my engineering manager, we certainly felt out of place up there. Saw many cars go though red lights infront of Police, its a different world up there.

EDIT:- 50% of drivers in Bradford has insuraance, 1 in 8 cars in London are not insured. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-captital-Britain-half-motorists-cover.html
Even round our neck of the woods I bet we'd be surprised how many unbriefed vehicles are about. Last year a van bashed our freind's car then sped off as she was waiting at traffic lights. She got the number and told the police but they were unable to trace the owner, so probably no insurance either! With today's ANPR technology I am surprised so many people are able to get away with it.