Mopar Euro Nats 2017

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
24th Mopar Euro Nationals
Fri 28th to Sun 30th July 2017
mopar_nats.jpg
RWYB event for American Muscle Cars only featuring Drag Racing, Show & Shine, Burnout Competition, Cruise, Live Music, Traders and Camping.

The biggest muscle car door slammer event in Europe. All american classics, trucks, modified & muscle cars plus american car clubs are welcome.

Cruise out in 2016
[video=youtube;Pj62F3JfJKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj62F3JfJKg[/video]

Yes, Been to the pod many times, but never at this event. Euro Finals are the big dragsters, Sunday is usually the day the go all out, but Sunday is the busiest day, so best to get their early. Don't know how big the Euro Nats is in comparison, but I must admit I am tempted myself.

We were going to camp the whole weekend but have been told its noisy, really noisy?!
Not what we like. For a quieter Camping weekend, the AAC at Hatton would suit us better but Sunday only is a choice between the Nats and Shaftesbury.

We were going to camp the whole weekend but have been told its noisy, really noisy?!
Not what we like. For a quieter Camping weekend, the AAC at Hatton would suit us better but Sunday only is a choice between the Nats and Shaftesbury.

Cars stop running about 9pm. They day out the track in the morning, probably about 7am, nice to wake up with the smell of jet fuel. If you camp near the fair then music may disturb you, but I think that stops at 11pm. It's not really noisy. It's more like a bump on the ground under the tent making it uncomfortable keeping us a awake. They have showers on site too, although about 1/2 a mile away, as it's on the other side of the track, breakfast cafe is round there too, so worth going round for that.

It's the AAC No Name Show not AAC Hatton show that weekend. My mistake.
Will make our minds up closer to the day.
So many to choose from.

It's a brillant day weekend if weather is good, been a couple of times on the sunday it's also open track as well on sunday's show and shine really good as well .

This is the real deal a proper American muscle car event don't mess around odd days do the whole weekend.... Is it loud well of course it is .....if you want a picnic go to the park

Last edited:
This is the real deal a proper American muscle car event don't mess around odd days do the whole weekend.... Is it loud well of course it is .....if you want a picnic go to the park

Thanks for that. Having been into American cars for over 24 years and attended many race events, both straight line and not I am well aware of the noise and for the most part really enjoy it. But that does not mean that I want to kept awake at night by some inconsiderate persons music or hordes of drunk idiots careering round the place. Does that make me any less of a muscle car enthusiast? No. So kindly keep your unwanted suggestions about where I should go to yourself.

I'm sure he didn't mean it the way you took it.
The whole weekend is good to get the atmosphere of different days, more public will be there Sundays, you can walk around the pits both days seeing the line up of cars. A great event.
We did have one drunk walk past the tent one night shouting about 'Sweeties' and banging on the windows of a car further in the field. However this must have been the worse encounter in many years. The rest of the night was quite peaceful.

Don't really see how I can take it any other way, but it's ok. We have a choice of events that weekend and it's helped make our minds up.

Umm I was probably a bit direct in my comments but I get very defensive about the Mopar Nats as been involved with it car and organising for the past 12 years. The end of the day it is what it is and the choice is still yours wether you go or not.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
This is the real deal a proper American muscle car event don't mess around odd days do the whole weekend.... Is it loud well of course it is .....if you want a picnic go to the park)

Thanks for that. Having been into American cars for over 24 years and attended many race events, both straight line and not I am well aware of the noise and for the most part really enjoy it. But that does not mean that I want to kept awake at night by some inconsiderate persons music or hordes of drunk idiots careering round the place. Does that make me any less of a muscle car enthusiast? No. So kindly keep your unwanted suggestions about where I should go to yourself.

That's a bit mean AT, don't think it was directed at you personnally it was open statement about the event . it's a perssonal choice weather you go for 1 day or for the hole weekend we all post on here with questions and we get the replys mybe not what we want but it helps us make are own dissions about attending any shows that we ask about.

Last edited:
Sorry Darren, but the comment about the picnic and the park was directed at me and I did take offense.
However, I am not pushing it and suggest that it's a thread best left to die.

Back