Manned launch from the USA tonight!

Will

Core Member
For the first time in 9 years, NASA will be launching people from American soil. Two astronauts will be launched from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida to the International Space Station at 9:33pm tonight UK time.
You can watch it on the NASA TV live YouTube stream here...

20 minutes after the launch, the spacecraft will pass over the South of England as it chases the International Space Station in order to dock. To see it, look out for a slowly moving star passing from West to East across the night sky.
20 minutes is pretty quick to cross the Atlantic eh! Lol(y)

20mins is quick, takes around 7 hours usually.

No commercial flight can touch 20 minutes though! :LOL:
But then, they don't do 17,500mph!

The launch was aborted due to weather unfortunately. Next attempt will be 8:22pm UK time on Saturday.

Oh well, another twenty minutes wasted with a stiff neck looking at the skies.

Did anybody manage to get onto NASA live TV or their live YouTube stream? BBC News on Freeview 231 were covering it too. They did announce that the launch was aborted 12 minutes before lift off. No need to look up after that of course.
I feel for the astronauts. They were strapped in for 3 hours for nothing. Apparently the weather threat was lightning though.

They were strapped in for 3 hours for nothing. Apparently the weather threat was lightning though.
I'd have to put my hand up in that time to ask to go to the loo.

I watched it on the stream you posted Will. Thanks for posting that.

The international space station will pass over us tonight. Provided there is minimal cloud, it will be visible as a bright, slowly moving star. Details below....
Date: Thu May 28, 10:09 PMVisible: 6 minMax Height: 51°Appears: 12° above WDisappears: 13° above SE

Well, the astronauts Bob and Doug are strapped in again. Time to launch 36 minutes ?
If the launch goes ahead, we won't be able to see the spacecraft 20 minutes later as it will be too light here unfortunately.
It's live on the NASA TV stream right now.

IMG_20200530_202207.jpg
Watching it now. Not long to go.

That was awesome :)

Yeah!!! Amazing! The speed and altitude so soon after launch was bonkers!! ?
Reminded me of the Space Shuttle! ?