long over due update

insaneron

Core Member
Sorry its been so long but with work and the fact Sandra has gone back to sait helana for a hloiday with her family I've not been home too much.

First I'd like to say a big thank you again to everyone that has crewed with both at the track and in the workshop. Also a massive thank you to my sponsors Graham and Max from Southern Tyre and Battery Service. (I hope we can keep them and build on our relationship)We ended the season at 9th in the championship. thats not to be sniffed at when you consider all the work that was done over the winter and the damage that was suffered over the season 3 gearboxes, 1 diff, 2 engines. The engine damage has now been diagnosed as the MSD unit having a fault, not taking out the timing when the nitrous was activated. The bigest high for me/us has to be running back to back 8 second runs

Since our second engine failure I've been talking to Dave Powell at Performance Unlimited with regards to what route to take. I/We have gone the route of the Ford Motorsport block. A special thanks goes to Steve Nash (Splinter) who has done me a good deal on some of his old parts from his old Nitrous Engine. The Block arrived on Wednesday and is sitting at Daves waiting for the crank rods and pistons so that the block can be machined and the rotating assembly can be balanced. Once we have it all back I can start the rebuild. In the meantime its back to work on the 57 Chevy that I've been restoring back to its former glory. The plan is to drive both cars to a local show on Boxing day, this may seem a way off but as more and more shops get ready for chrismas I'm getting ready for the long haul in the workshop.

Hopefully more to come very soon

Ron

Hi Renegades

Please join me in congratulating Ron and the Insane Creations Crew for there Superb! efforts this season considering how much damaged was suffered did an outstanding job finishing in the top ten of the Street Eliminator. Looking forward to seeing the new engine and the car back out on the street.

Well done Ron.

Cheers Superb!

Back