Jaguar I-Pace - Best electric cars

• Thread starter Auto Express
  • Start date
A

Auto Express

• Price: £63,925-£74,425
  • Range: 298 miles
  • Charging time: 13h 30 min (wallbox), 45 min (10-80%, 100kW)
  • Rating: 5/5

Jaguar is on a roll at the minute with the accomplished XE saloon, practical F-Pace and Porsche 911-rivalling F-Type in its portfolio. The I-Pace however, signals a change of direction from Jaguar. The British firm stole a march on its premium rivals when it launched the I-Pace, 2018’s Auto Express Car of the Year. Two years later, and the likes of Audi and Mercedes have still yet to launch bespoke EVs, rather than cars based on combustion-engined platforms.

Recent software upgrades have boosted the I-Pace’s range to 292 miles, and for 2021 there’s a major overhaul of the car’s infotainment system. It’s now ‘always on’, so it can accept updates without requiring a trip to the dealership.

The basic I-Pace package remains the same, though, so this is a comfortable car with space for four and a decent boot; it could easily take over as your single family car. The best thing about the I-Pace, though, is the way it drives, with stonking performance and excellent handling. In effect it’s everything that an electric Jaguar should be.

Best electric cars to buy 2020

1. Tesla Model 3
  2. Kia e-Niro
  3. Jaguar I-Pace
  4. Kia Soul EV
  5. Hyundai Kona Electric
  6. Renault Zoe
  7. Polestar 2
  8. Tesla Model S
  9. Peugeot e-208
  10. Mercedes EQC

Continue reading...