Fuel prices on the rise again?

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Not seen any announcement or talk on it. Not long ago fuel prices dripped since covid, thy they reached an all time high.
Has anyone noticed they are getting very high again. Filled up the TransAm earlier it was £1.71 per litre. I did put in Shell V-Power, but even a couple of weeks ago it was £1.50ish a litre.

Is the government slowly taxing us more on fuel? the raw price of oil hasn't risen.

Stealth taxes as always. Trying to force use to go electric. But people haven't got the money to buy a electric vechile nor do they want to be in debt with this cost of living crisis.

From 1 April 2025, electric vehicles will need to pay for VED – road tax. Announced by the Government in the 2022 Autumn Budget, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt stated: “To make our motoring tax system fairer I’ve decided that electric vehicles will no longer be exempt from Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).”
Source:- https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/electric-cars/running/electric-car-road-tax-guide-do-i-need-to-pay/#:~:text=what's%20the%20penalty%3F-,Do%20EVs%20need%20to%20be%20road%20taxed%3F,In%202025%2C%20that%20will%20change.

Good, I know they are trying to entise people to buy an EV with the incentive of free road tax. I we all went electric there would be no money to repair the roads, roads are bad enough as it is. Electric vehicles wear out the roads as much as any other car, if not, wear it out more due to the extra weight.

Perhaps extra tax on fuel is being applied to fill this gap in funds where petrol/deisel users are effectivly paying for EV vehicles.

I forget the figures but vey little 'Road tax' actually goes into the roads. It just fills the government coffers!

Last edited:
Back