Forum upgrade to 4.2.3

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I've been putting this off for some time. however I've been updating the article for Southsea cruise dates, and noticed when adding an image it may show the image, but you have no control of size, no matter if you pick thumbnail, small, medium or large, it always comes out large.
It gives an error at the top of the page, Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 23 in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 481
There is a fix by manually editing the file. however why go wrong now. The only recent change was upgrading the version of PHP. Well its probably time i upgraded the forum suite. i have a back up from last night should anything fail.
vBulletin 4.2.3 requires PHP 5.4.0 or greater, and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater, and cURL to be installed.
We have PHP 5.4.45 and MySQL 5.1.73, so all good there.

Upgrading forum in a bit....

Just popped out for a couple of hours, will do this when I return.
I'm out walking dogs. They will be knackered before me.

Upgrade seems to go okay. Cleared the original fault I had. Happy here so far :)

Although I turned the forum back on, it hadn't seemed to have actioned it fully, so for many hours I expect people wouldn't be able to post. Looks fine now. Used a different browser where I haven't logged on, and forum is now switched on. i think one of the plugins was holding cache, although all cache was flushed. Disabled all plugins and re enabled. Seems good now.

Yep - can see it again ;)

Looks like there is more weirdness going on.
Some of the pages don't seem formed correctly now.
I cant log into the Admin area, just get a white page. I've had emailed from the security system plugin, perhaps its locked me out... argghhh.

I'm hoping people can still post okay.

Looks like there is more weirdness going on.
Some of the pages don't seem formed correctly now.
I cant log into the Admin area, just get a white page. I've had emailed from the security system plugin, perhaps its locked me out... argghhh.

I'm hoping people can still post okay.

Looks a mess to me - Reminds me of the old adage: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Yeah I beginning to wish I hadn't touched it.

Tried to upgrade a small things, but required something else to be upgraded. Checked and tested it all and all was fine, haven't touched anything for 2 days and boof!, it all goes wrong.

It seems like if you are not logged in, the pages look a whole lot better, calendar works, front pages looks good, all forum pages good. Photo gallery is still unhappy, but majority of things look good.

When I'm logged in the Shoutbox at the top looks wrong. and photo gallery looks wrong, everything else looks okay from here.

Just found something interesting.
Google Chrome dosn't show the website correctly.
Mozilla Firefox looks a whole lot better.... The Chatbox is correct.

However neither show photo gallery. After reading this thread:- Attachment Issues After Upgrade - vBulletin.org Forum looks like the upgrade has some usless purse effect on all your images. arggh.

Just ogint to try an insert an image here:- nope that dosn't work. hummmm.... more searching...

Attachments

• zebra_costume_vs_lions_01.jpg
    zebra_costume_vs_lions_01.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,043
  • little-and-large.jpg
    little-and-large.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited:
So the upload of attachments dosn't work and also the viewing of attachments. I am now wondering if there is read/write protect on the directories. I will check this at lunch time. I cant log in from here to check the file system. This may sort out the 'attachments' / 'photo gallery' which I am most concered about right now.

Good luck Dan :)

I think I will need it, i can feel hair going grey, wont be long before hair start falling out.
Just checked the file systems, many image attachments still present. I will keep at it, the answer is there somewhere.

I think my post count has been negatively impacted too, i'm about 3500 down. Just me though - all others look fine!!
I can make that adjustment later....

Image test.
corvette-z06-traffic-burnout.jpg

I think we are getting there with the faults after the upgrade. I can now upload photos, and the photo gallery looks good now. Images in blogs now visible. There are a few other formatting issues, but its not far off now. :)

Yep, vette looks good.

Shoutbox is back now, that vette looks like it has a serious oil leak.....The smoke wouldn't be coming from the tyres!

Back