Forum New posts not updating.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
One of our readers had reported that the New Posts feature doesn't display up to date new posts. It may be delayed by up to an hour possible.
Forum_New_Posts.jpg

So I'm going to look into this now. There must be a setting somewhere, which I haven't found yet.

So partly creating this new thread, so I can check if the new thread appears, and then work on a solution.

I think I have fixed it.

When I click on that button/link now I see the new posts appear.

Forum_New_Post_Showing.jpg

To fix it I done a trusty Google search end up here:- What's New / New Posts not working correctly after update - vBulletin Community Forum

search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

It should be:

search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

The link was pointing to the second one above, which should work, however the newest post wasn't showing, so implemented the previous link. It now shows that new post.

Hopefully this fix will be approved by our reader.

Give that IT chap a cigar of then a bottle of jack danials it's working now

The only thing it's not doing now though is once you click on a post in the "new post" section and then refresh - it used to disappear. Now they are just unbold. ;)

Doh, perhaps it was working correctly before.
Link to the old way to bring up new posts :- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

This will list new posts only. If you have created a thread or made a post then click on 'New Posts' it shouldn't appear as its not a 'New Post' to you. Other people will be able to see it in their 'New Posts' until they have read it.

Saleen whats you take on this? you mentioned MOCGB updated straight away with new posts, does it list your new post you just created?

Back