dodge ram truck

saleen 192

Core Member
Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, auto, double cab, LPG, 20” alloys, low miles, | eBay

OK i am not going to the Dark side being a dodge lol,,, but looks nice and got a few extras but don,t get why if you want a big v8 truck or car and you put a LPG converssion on it if worried about fuel dont buy a stonging big V8, ,

apart from that look like a good truck ,

1610636320891.png

Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, auto, double cab, LPG, 20” alloys, low miles, | eBay

OK i am not going to the Dark side being a dodge lol,,, but looks nice and got a few extras but don,t get why if you want a big v8 truck or car and you put a LPG converssion on it if worried about fuel dont buy a stonging big V8, ,

apart from that look like a good truck ,

View attachment 161918

Why not LPG? Virtual same performance at half price fuel. Why not enjoy the sound and feel at less cost ?

would you convert your dodge ???

No, because financially I don’t need too.
But if you financially couldn’t run it otherwise then why not?
I had a car converted to LPG and calculated I would begin to see a return on my investment after 9months. Based on my mileage at the time I actually saw the return after 8months and from then on I was running at almost 50% fuel consumption costs.
Would I do it again? If I needed too, hell yes.

On wat you said I can see two side of the coin for this but flip the coin again it all out and put in a eV motor set mybe?? Just a thought. But for me buying a v8 weather it be American or not and changing or adding lpg is just wrong. You don't see someone buy an lambo or Aston and put and lpg kit on. EV diffeant look at vintage voltage.

On wat you said I can see two side of the coin for this but flip the coin again it all out and put in a eV motor set mybe?? Just a thought. But for me buying a v8 weather it be American or not and changing or adding lpg is just wrong. You don't see someone buy an lambo or Aston and put and lpg kit on. EV diffeant look at vintage voltage.

I really don’t see the comparison.
Put in an electric drivetrain and you lose the sound and feel that you maintain with an LPG conversion. To me, that’s reason enough to convert if finances dictate.
And by the same token, if you can afford to buy a Lambo or Aston and then maintain it, you can afford the fuel costs.
If I couldn’t afford the Challenger I wouldn’t own it. If I could afford another American cheaper American car because I wanted the V8 and had the know how to repair it myself or have a friend who would do it on the cheap so my only concern was fuel costs then LPG makes perfect sense.
If I didn’t want a V8 then take your pick from anything.

I considered lpg for my Astro - but it was merely due to the cheaper fuel and we planned on doing lots of miles :)

Nice looking truck.
I wouldn't be put off by LPG either. Slightly less performance but still the same noise and for less running cost. And it's cleaner than petrol in terms of emissions too!

But the lpg garages or should say the garages that sell LPG are getting so will make it harder to buy LPG

yes i was told by the owner of the toyota i did some work on before xmas that LPG wa getting harder to get,

Not a reason not to convert. There are still plenty of filling locations that are nothing to do with the major oil companies and if you do run out you can run on petrol.
LPG will be available as long as they drill for oil. It’s what you used to see being burnt off on the oil rigs and the oil companies can make money from it. In addition environmentalists won’t let them burn it off like that any more so it has to be used somewhere.

Back