COVID-19 Alternate thoughts

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Some alternate thinking.

Thanks for posting. Interesting reading.

An interesting article, but one that unnerves me somewhat. I would agree that automatically adding someone to the list of fatalities who have died "with" Coronavirus as apposed to "from" it probably creates a falsely negative picture to some. From a medical perspective it's not as black and white as that. But we must remember that many have died "from" Coronavirus. It is still out there and does kill people. I know a few people who have had it. I also have a mate who is a UK sales rep and he has lost a few clients to it.
Unfortunately though, probably because they have had no contact with anyone affected, there are the disbelievers. I spoke to someone recently who actually thinks the whole thing is BS made up by the bosses of large drug companies!!!
There is a growing tide of complacency and doubt about the severity and even the existence of the pandemic. I think publications like the one posted are negative and only serve to perpetuate that. My comments are aimed at the article, not the poster BTW :)

Last edited:
If there is a drug that comes out, I think personally I'd try to avoid it, drugs need testing for many years to know the long term effect.
I dont think there will ever be a cure anyway, how long has cold/flu been around and no cure for that yet.

Last edited:
An interesting article, but one that unnerves me somewhat. I would agree that automatically adding someone to the list of fatalities who have died "with" Coronavirus as apposed to "from" it probably creates a falsely negative picture to some. From a medical perspective it's not as black and white as that. But we must remember that many have died "from" Coronavirus. It is still out there and does kill people. I know a few people who have had it. I also have a mate who is a UK sales rep and he has lost a few clients to it.
Unfortunately though, probably because they have had no contact with anyone affected, there are the disbelievers. I spoke to someone recently who actually thinks the whole thing is BS made up by the bosses of large drug companies!!!
There is a growing tide of complacency and doubt about the severity and even the existence of the pandemic. I think publications like the one posted are negative and only serve to perpetuate that. My comments are aimed at the article, not the poster BTW :)
I believe that people have a right to their opinions, but I would be happier if the disbelievers kept their opinions to themselves because I hate it when they try to force their views on me.

I believe that people have a right to their opinions, but I would be happier if the disbelievers kept their opinions to themselves because I hate it when they try to force their views on me.

No one is forcing views on anyone. The post was entitled alternate thinking, as opposed to the normal views we read and hear. Which come to think of it is believers forcing their views on others!

I completely agree on the point that people can present others with their opinion and share information on a subject, as I did as a response to AT's post, and that others are free to add their opinion too and should be free to believe what they want.

Also, I wouldn't try a Covid vaccine either, at least not until it had been proven as safe for many years. I even get a little nervous every time I have a Flu jab! :LOL:

Back