Club Night - 10th June 2014

yep was a good meet yet again ended up loosing some of you but remembered how to get back to mac d's and made it in time for a coffee :)

As it was such a lovely evening club night, a cruise was more important than being stuck in a stuffy hot pub so we never got a chance to have a talk so I am giving you an update of what was to be discussed. If you wish to comment on any of the information then by all means please contact me.

1) All of you who attended last weekend’s show in Eastleigh well done in contributing towards a very good cause, Macmillan. It was a fantastic day and Emma did a brilliant job in organising her first show. ?3500 was the approx. amount raised at the last count and money still rolling in.

2) This weekend is the Beaulieu Hot Rod & Custom show. For all those of you coming up just on Sunday, we will be leaving Rownhams services at 9am prompt. It’s going to be a nice hot day again by the looks of it so make sure lots of drinks, sun cream and hats come with you.

3) Southsea Cruise follows later in the day so if you are going to that too after Beaulieu maybe we could all cruise along together. Now wouldn’t that be a nice site 

4) We have been invited along to the Denmead School fete on Saturday 28th June. We used to go to this a while back but it got a bit samey but now they have a new committee and new ideas. This year their theme is ‘Beside the Seaside’. We have been asked to be in place by 12pm so will be leaving Mick’s burgers at 11:30am and cruise down together. Can you please let me know if you are wanting to attend as they just want a rough idea on numbers beforehand so they save us a big enough space for the club. Lots of yummy cakes at very reasonable prices 

5) We have also been invited to the George & Falcon at Warnford for an American themed day. They are going to put on a BBQ and some of us went a couple of years ago and they have lovely gardens with a river running down the back of it. Very nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. It is 30th August and if you are interested please let me know as again I need to give them an idea on numbers. They have a fairly big car park at the back with additional parking to the side and front. More details to follow.

6) It was discussed at the last meet about changing the date of the season closer show to September. Malc pointed out that as flyers had been printed out already and given out with the date of October 19th that it is best we leave it at this date. It is also the last cruise of the season so can still tie in with that. Next year we may change it but will discuss at a later date. Alex @ The Farmhouse has agreed to pay for the flyers, 3 trophies and plaques. Dan & Sarah will send pictures and details to Alex so that we can make sure we get the recognition for our club. Don’t forget it is going to be the 15th anniversary show so if anyone has any ideas on what can be done different then please do share them as we want to make this a bigger and better show then it has been in the past. Bands? Stalls? Nail Bar for the ladies?

7) Don’t forget tickets are still available for The Old Fossils Dance on Saturday 26th July. Cost ?10 per person which also includes a Ploughman’s meal. The band, Forever Young are fantastic and if you have been before you know you will be in for a great fun evening. Again this is all supporting another brilliant cause, The Rowans Hospice. If you would like tickets then please see Joy at the next meet as she will have some with her.

8) Next club night Tuesday 24th June. See you there 

Thanks for posting. Your a star :)

I may have forgotten something but i am sure someone will let me know :)

where's warnford? depending on where should be able to make it not sure yet witch yank tank will be coming,

where's warnford? depending on where should be able to make it not sure yet witch yank tank will be coming,

It's on the A32 between Droxford and West Meon.

Back