Classics at Sherborne Castle 19th July

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
ClassicsAtTheCastle.jpg
The ‘Heritage Insurance Classics at the Castle’ show is now in its 12th year at the beautiful 16th Century Sherborne Castle. Under new ownership since 2014, with a ‘not-for-profit’ organising company formed by ‘Yeo Vale’ and ‘Sherborne Castles’ Rotary Clubs, this year the show will be raising funds for Cancer Research UK and local charities. More than 1,200 interesting and exciting cars are expected to be on display in the magnificent lakeside grounds of the Castle - for the use of which we thank the Digby family.

Lotus is the featured manufacturer this year with sponsorship by Westover Sports Cars Ltd of Poole who will be showing their current range of cars including the fabulous new Lotus Evora. The feature display will include historic Lotus sports and racing cars - famous for its Esprit, Elan, Europa and Elise sports cars and for the highly successful Team Lotus in Formula 1. New for 2015 will be a dedicated area for Hot Rods, Custom and American cars reflecting the growing private and club entries of recent years. Altogether this premier Southern England Classics and Supercar show will display a mouthwatering array of cars from Vintage and Classic cars to Supercars including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Bugatti and many others. There will be race and rally cars, as well as a collection of dragsters, which will be fired-up, producing awesome noise! Traditional at this event is the arrival of car tours in front of the Castle, 2015 will see the arrival of Lamborghinis and Aston Martins staged by prestige car dealer H R Owen of Pangbourne and Cheltenham. Once again this year members of the on-line car club PistonHeads have organised a sports and super-car run to finish at the Castle – some 30 plus very exciting and exceptional cars are expected to take part. Sherborne based auctioneers Charterhouse will once more be staging their very popular ‘Classic Vehicle Auction’, more than 100 lots are expected for sale on the day There will be a host of motor club stands with member’s cars, trade stands, auto-jumble, craft fair, models display and a children’s area all of which add to the spectacle and interest of this great show. So pack your own picnic or try one of our newly expanded and widened range of onsite caterers, get the camera ready and join us for another wonderful day at the show…….

Entry Fee is £10 per car.

Pre-Entry can be done on their website:- Get an Entry Form Here | Classics at the Castle

ClassicsAtTheCastle.jpg
At little bit larger, I cant find the flyer on their website, I done a screen grab form their entry form to get this and the previous one.

Good date :) :)

not heard much about it, someone mentioned it the other day so looked into it. Doesn't look like a bad little show. Could be a nice one to visit.

Are any Renegades going to this? Jean and Alan, AJ, Derek and me are going.
Have you pre-entered?

Thorny the day before. I'm doing that one, not sure about Sherbourne yet, its 86 miles away, so will decide soon.

Maybe we should arrange a meeting place, like Rownhams? is so what time?

Back