Chrysler Crossfire

Stephen CA

Core Member
Anyone owned or had experience of these? I’m about due another midlife crisis and I’ve always quite liked the retro styling of these. And, yes, before anyone says it, I know it’s technically and old SLK in a shell suit. I’d love a Pontiac Fiero but they’re a little too expensive for my meagre budget.

60C935A9-0FE3-492D-A248-3706E2A11FFC.jpeg

25B7C005-444F-4169-BCC7-17A650E6B520.jpeg

both cars you dont see many about, have you found one you want to test drive

They do have the unusual look. Mainy Merc parts I belive. Not heard about any troubles with them. My builder guy has one, and he is really enjoying it.

They do have the unusual look. Mainy Merc parts I belive. Not heard about any troubles with them. My builder guy has one, and he is really enjoying it.
Thanks for that. You certainly don’t see many about. The roadster definitely looks better than the coupe, which I believe Clarkson described as looking like a dog parking it’s breakfast. 🙄

A couple in the club had a black Crossfire some years ago, think his name was Ken. He always spoke well of it. As Dan said, mostly Mercedes including the engine.

A couple in the club had a black Crossfire some years ago, think his name was Ken. He always spoke well of it. As Dan said, mostly Mercedes including the engine.
I think it’s a 3.2 V6 Merc engine. Pretty much bombproof, although expensive to fix.

After a quick search on here, 'UKKen' was last on in 2012. And yes, it's a 3.2 V6.

After a quick search on here, 'UKKen' was last on in 2012. And yes, it's a 3.2 V6.
Yes Ken and his wife used to come along to the club when it was at the rugby club.

How quickly things progress….a classic car dealer friend had a classic Porsche for sale, so I’ve just put a deposit on a mint condition 924….🙄

now that's different to the other two options

now that's different to the other two options

I was really looking for another American car, but when you’re offered a mint condition 84 Porsche with only 65k on the clock….

Attachments

• 66C1859A-93F8-499D-9BBD-B9F68712B8F1.jpeg
    66C1859A-93F8-499D-9BBD-B9F68712B8F1.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 8