Changing the Trans-Am dash pad

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A couple of years ago a crack appeared on the left of the top of the dash, that crack has grown to the air vent in the middle, and another crack has started on the right. Its only going to get worse. And as I have changed the seats and starting to get the interior up together it will be nice to get that sorted. I could take it out and glue it. The good thing is that it can come out without taking the windshield out. However it becomes very brittle, and its a very common problem as can be seen in this video.
[video=youtube;Mizbf8cx0vU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mizbf8cx0vU[/video]

This guy brought a new one for $235, however getting it shipped and in one piece may be almost impossible.

The alternative is to get a cover. Which is the next best thing to tidying this up.
s-l1600.jpg
On ebay in the states for $42, however after postage and import tax it will be near on £100. shouldn't break in the post as its a felt like material.
1997-2002 PONTIAC FIREBIRD , TRANS AM DASH COVER MAT BLACK black | eBa

HTML:
as its a felt like material

fur lined dash board what ever next shag pile carpets lol,,,,,

HTML:
as its a felt like material

fur lined dash board what ever next shag pile carpets lol,,,,,
Only if they match the sponge bob bathroom carpets.

Noooooooooooo:becky:

Its on its way, according to tracking, it has left the US, and hopefully the next tracking entry will be that is has landed in the UK.

would seem to be a problem on most older cars. had to change the one in the ranchero, years ago now. was lucky to find a good secondhand one in this country

Its arrived after £24 import tax.

Looks lighter in the photo than it really is. Might even try and fit it tonight.
IMAG1530.jpg

Enjoy .....

Was the dash pad from the T/A you got your seats from any better than yours?
The dash is only held on with Velcro so aside from the controls, gauges and airbags is relatively easy to swap.....

The dash pad becomes brittle over the years and the 1995 TA one had a crack in it too. I'll keep an eye out for one in the UK, as you say they are easy to swap over.

Back