Car cub will be 25years old this year.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
The club started back in April 1999, so this coming April will mark 25years.
How cool is that.

Thanks to all the continiued members, without them there would be no club.

I think I joined around 2003, think it was at somewhere on Hayling Island. Saw the gang at some local shows and thought 'I would like to be part of this.' Made some good friends and had good times. So, thank you 'Solent Renegades'.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris for your continued support. We used to meet at the Inn on the Beach on hayling where the soft drinks cost more than alcoholic ones. That could have been around that time. Before that was the Hampshire rose, before that was the Seagull where it started.
Also we used to meet at the bedhampton bowling alley too. Portsmouth rugby club where we changed our club nights from a Thursday to a Tuesday to fit in with them, and ever since then has stayed on a Tuesday.

congratulations all, here's to the next 25. is anything planned to mark the event ?

congratulations all, here's to the next 25. is anything planned to mark the event ?
Do you have ideas? perhaps mugs printed? we could announce something at the start of season show. Not sure how best to mark the occasion.

not much good at ideas, especially sensible ones. but i will happy to buy a mug or other merchandise

Think it was stokes bay cafe correct me if name wrong Dan? That was the 1st meeting for me nearly 15 years ago. Lots of changes since then look at Forum such a shame. Met lots of people made friends learnt stuff from Forum helped fellow petrolheads with their cars lots of banter.

Still got SR coffee mug. 👍

Think it was stokes bay cafe correct me if name wrong Dan? That was the 1st meeting for me nearly 15 years ago. Lots of changes since then look at Forum such a shame. Met lots of people made friends learnt stuff from Forum helped fellow petrolheads with their cars lots of banter.

Still got SR coffee mug. 👍
Done breakfast runs to the cafe at Stokes Bay.

Back