CANCELLED: INFORMAL HAYLING BEACH MEET - 21st JUNE

WTH?

Apparently someone has complained about organised events and the cafe owner asked for the posts to be removed.

Omg - they need a life!

they obviously don’t have hobbies that have kept them from enjoying them since March!
Was it at the car park where the show is usually held? If so isn’t it public car park? Is there no other car park you could use?

That’s a very good point :) :) :)

Wales still in lock down with small restrictions belong lifted every 2 weeks seams to be working so release back to normal mybe people down south still feel they should of ralaxed to quickly and see gathering as possible chance of numbers going back up mybe with shoos now open and if number of infection don't increase people will feel safer??? Or its just spoil sports don't want people to enjoy themselves????

If people were observing social distancing then it’s just spoilsports. If people weren’t observing social distancing then shame on them

Hayling is full of the vulnerable age band. Many of them are still in total isolation. I guess it would be them that would be reporting things.

There has been a local sun bed shop that opened a few days ago. They checked with the council first. As you are in there on your own there it's fine for distancing. However there is another sunbedshop that does teeth whithening too thry are classed as a salon and not allowed to open their sunbed part of it. This company got annoyed and drumming up a huge amount of hate on social media towards the one that can open, that it's closed again. Sarah is not happy.

Would said shop trying to open and drum up hatred court c19 sing a different story?? It's a hard time for everyone at the moment

This company got annoyed and drumming up a huge amount of hate on social media towards the one that can open, that it's closed again.

That is truly f**king pathetic. A shop offers a lesser service than their own and as a result they usually earn a greater income. Does the competition complain? Likely not.
Turn the tables and they throw their toys out the pram. The proprietor should get a life and learn to live and let live.
I would sincerely hope they go out of business but that would likely mean un-employment for staff.

Theere has been a local sun bed shop that opened a few days ago. They checked with the council first. As you are in there on your own there it's fine for distancing. However there is another sunbedshop that does teeth whithening too thry are classed as a salon and not allowed to open their sunbed part of it. This company got annoyed and drumming up a huge amount of hate on social media towards the one that can open, that it's closed again. Sarah is not happy.

What makes it worse that the person who complained is the mother of another salon owner. Marbs (where I go) were given the green light by the council as all the offer is sunbeds. No contact, all social distancing measures in place.....and the other salon along with sunbeds do hair, nails and lashes. So they are completely different and cannot social distance so must stay shut.

And the worst thing....the two owners used to be best friends until the complainer opened the same type of shop less than a mile away.

It's all very pathetic.

On the Hayling side of things, I get the owner wanting the posts removed because his business could get shut down if the council think that they have something to do with the organised meet

Yes, people will still meet up, but I side with the owner's concerns.

On the Hayling side of things, I get the owner wanting the posts removed because his business could get shut down if the council think that they have something to do with the organised meet

Yes, people will still meet up, but I side with the owner's concerns.

Apparently another cafe owner on Hayling was fined £1000 for something similar. It was the council that contacted them as someone had reported seeing the posts. Last week it was crazy busy on Hayling. Every cafe along the seafront was absolutely packed although they are still just open as takeaways. There was even a car club that had driven all the way down from London to meet up apparently and another VW van club meeting up further along. When I drove home the traffic stretched all the way from the seafront right up to the motorway junction at Havant.

Be carefull A/T you mighty get a complaint from the skinflint lol oh thats right we know how to live and let live lol,,, Keep the banter up guys and girls

Back