Brooklands double twelve festival 15th- 16th June 2013

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Just had this email come in....

Following the success of the Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival in 2012, which saw over 5,500 people attend over the two day event, the Double Twelve will return in 2013 on the 15th - 16th June. Once again expected to be the biggest motoring competition held at Brooklands since 1939, it is being organised in association with the Vintage Sports-Car Club and held on the weekend closest to the Anniversary of its original opening date of 17th June 1907.
This year the structure of the competitions is changing to encourage entrants to enjoy a full weekend of motoring competition, but if competitors can only make one day, then there is still an opportunity to take part in one of the unique competitions that have been designed to cater for all tastes. There will be three stand-alone events:

The Double Twelve Speed Trials on the Mercedes-Benz World circuit on Saturday 15th June
The Double Twelve Concours held on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th June
The Double Twelve Driving Tests on Sunday 16th June

Each event will have its own class and overall winners, but to achieve a Brooklands Double Twelve award, an entrant must compete in any two of the three events and the combined scores of these two events will decide their Double Twelve placing.
Angie Voluti, Octane & Freelance: "One of the highlights of the motoring events calendar, the Brooklands Double Twelve gains presence and charisma by the year: prestigious and priceless pre-war sports and racing cars are pushed to the limit in a recreation of the race-sweat-and-mud competitions of a bygone era.
David Venables, the Automobile: "An excellent two-day event of light-hearted fun which pulled in a good sized crowd, so seems certain to become an attractive annual fixture".
Alan Turner, Kelsey Publishing: "The Double Twelve meeting is a splendid opportunity to see a wide variety of pre-war vehicles and speak to the drivers and owners, who are always ready to share their enthusiasm. It's far from a silent display, in the moving spirit of Brooklands, there's also a chance to hear history as the cars are driven on the Mercedes-Benz World circuit.
Allan Winn, Director, Brooklands Museum: "The 2011 Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival was again a real hit with competitors and spectators alike. We were very pleased to see so many families and enthusiasts enjoying the biggest competition event held at Brooklands since the original circuit closed in 1939. We look forward to building on the success of this weekend at the next event in June 2012 on the 105th anniversary of the opening of the Track".
Mike Stripe, Secretary, the Vintage Sports-Car Club: "The VSCC and Brooklands have a natural affinity and it was most pleasing to see the two organisations working together for the Brooklands Double Twelve Motoring Festival. Close but friendly competition was the flavour of the weekend, both on the Mercedes-Benz World track and on the legendary Brooklands banking, some 70 years on from the first Double Twelve Events in the 1920s and 30s".

Club Stands
If you would like to get your club involved, book an outside area to display your clubs vehicles free of charge. Space is limited so get your application in now!
What the Museum requires from the booking club
Club to attend on one or both days (you can have different vehicles each day).
All vehicles pre-booked and on site from 9.00am - 5.30pm
Minimum of 4 vehicles.
Display stands and information to inform the public about the club.
Club stand always staffed by at least one person at all times.
What the Museum will supply to the booking club
Two free tickets per booked vehicle (donations welcome)
Priority entry
Reserved club space
The opportunity to take part in Test Hill Challenge on Saturday 15th June

More info can be found here:- The Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival - Brooklands Museum

sorry clashes with beuliue defo doing beuliue..

so many tihng on at the same time. i will be doing the same as you Darren. Just thought I'd post it as I saw the event advertised.

This is a busy weekend for everyone I think, but I'm with Darren....Beaulieu is where I plan to be!

Back