9th Bygone Classic Car Show 2013

sarah

Club Photographer
9th Bygone Classic Car Show.

Fareham Town Centre, September 14th 2013.

A nostalgic event with cars, music and dance of a bygone age.

The show is held in the open shopping area just outside Fareham Shopping Centre. The numbers of vehicles rolling up each year is increasing with over 60 classic vehicles attending this year?s show. Several car clubs attend each year including Locksheath Classic Car Club, Portsmouth and Southampton Mini Owners Club, Morris Marina Owners Club and the Morris Minor Owners Club.

Throughout the day music from the 1950?s and 1960?s could be heard with Now That?s Jive dancing along. Local singer Nathan Cannon, 16, also performed with a Rat Pack style.

There were many vehicles on show but there were two that really caught my eye with very interesting history?s, a 1957 Standard Super Ten and a 1982 Triumph Acclaim HLS.

The 1957 Standard Super Ten is a 4 speed, 948cc with a top speed of 62 mph. This car has a very low mileage of just 49,000 miles from new. Built by the Standard Motor Company at Canley, Coventry on Wednesday 24th April 1957, only had three owners of which the second owner kept it in dry storage between late 1970?s to March 2001. The current, third owner now uses this car on our roads, where it?s always belonged.

035.JPG

The 1982 Triumph Acclaim HLS is a 5 speed, 1335cc straight 4, front wheel drive. The Triumph Acclaim was produced from a joint venture between British Leyland and Honda between 1981 and 1984 and based on the design of the Honda Ballade. The Acclaim was designed as a stop gap measure until the Maestro and Montego models were put into production, with 133,625 Acclaims being made. This is the only car to wear the Triumph badge after 1981 and production ceased when the Rover 230 SD was launched. The Acclaim holds the record of the fewest warranty claims ever made for a British Leyland car and also in 1982 and 1983 featured in Britain?s top 10 best selling cars!

015.JPG

With many other vehicles at the Bygone Classic Car Show with so much character and history I am sure the 10th show in 2014 will be a huge success and bigger than ever.

Looks like a good show to walk around. The show isn't really fit for American cars as its aimed at classic UK ones. That 82 Triumph looks like a Honda interesting write about it. A temporary car to fill a hole in the market ended up being a top seller car. :)

Thanks Sarah for getting all the photos, we can all see what it was all about as if we were there. Fareham Classic Car Show 2013

I know we have a few Morris Minors in the club along with a few other classics that would have fit in really well :)

Thanks for the photo link....totally forgot! Trying to work my way through my university application, I remember how much I hated last year now!

Back