1971 Mustang Fastback 351 Cleveland For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

15470tcac

One of the best condition Mustang Fastbacks from 1971 you"ll ever see. All numbers matching survivor, one out of 51 ever manufactured with this interior and exterior trim scheme in 1971. Born at Ford in Dearborn Michigan, and sent as an order to its first dealer as a new car to Idaho Falls back in 1971, during those glory days when these cars gave their first customers an immense thrill. You can see him at Stoneleigh Park Hotrod and American car show near Coventry this weekend beginning 20th April. UK registered and ready to drive. <br />
<br />
Loaded with original 351 Cleveland, 4 barrel Edelbrock Carb, electric choke. No lifter noise, no smoke not even at start-up from cold Cold starts every time without fuss. <br />
<br />
Interior very clean over-rugs, CB (UK) Midland 2001.<br />
<br />
This car feels youthful when driven despite his 48th birthday in this year.<br />
<br />
The new owner is going to have a very clean, enjoyable drivable car. This is like a time machine taking you back to the 1970"s.Today it is rare to find cars that have survived the years like this one. This car has been kept very clean and has absolutely no rust or rot. The floors are solid and as you"ll see from the pictures the underside is also very clean the body is gorgeous in his original colour; the #5002 Ford Grabber Green and Mach 1 livery. <br />
<br />
The body is solid. I discovered he"d been spending years in storage in an air conditioned environment. All the usual areas of stress are still all metal and feeling young. The kick areas door sills, the wing mounts under the hood and the areas under the rear of trunk rust free.<br />
<br />
The Engine is very clean. Oil is clean and has obviously been serviced regularly. The 351ci (5.8ltr) Cleveland is very smooth starts first time every time, no black or blue smoke emissions from exhaust exits when started from cold or when at normal driving temperatures. <br />
<br />
Gearbox is the more powerful FMX auto that changes smoothly through all power demands. <br />
<br />
<br />
Alterations under my care<br />
<br />
I"ve sorted out all the minor issues, small leaks and detailing. I didn"t like the feel of driving protected by just lap-straps; hence had fitted new colour keyed three point seat belt system.<br />
<br />
The original steering wheel was made out of old Bakelite type plastic with noticeable cracks. He now has a rather expensive 5x ply gloss wood 3 bar wheel in keeping with the period.<br />
<br />
I didn"t like the idea of using 48 year old braking system. So the power booster, master cylinder has been replaced along with new stainless steel brake pipes.<br />
<br />
29900 o.v.n.o<br />
<br />
Silly low ball offers will be ignored. Serious offers only. Part exchange rules: I do have myself and other customers with interests Classic American and/or Italian only. I like Mustangs, Thunderbirds, Corvettes, Bell Air"s, 58 and 66 Impala"s, GTO"s, Chargers & Challengers, plus 1970"s Italian specialties no land yachts, please.<br />

Date written: 19-Apr-2019

Price: <td><strong>£29900 Offers invited

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 15470

Back