MSD Ready-To-Run distributor<br />
Mishimotu aluminium radiator<br />
Dougs Tri-Y headers<br />
Custom stainless 2.5" exhaust system with X pipe<br />
<br />
<br />
Transmission:<br />
<br />
Performance Automatics C4 transmission with manual reverse pattern valve body (no brake)<br />
B&M Quicksilver ratchet shifter<br />
Edge 9" 2400 stall converter, clutch eliminator with aluminium stator, tig welded pins in turbine and is spragless.<br />
<br />
Chassis and suspension:<br />
<br />
Chris Alston Chassis Works bolt in front coil-overs<br />
1" Anti-roll bar<br />
Stoptech drilled and vented front disks <br />
Manual steering conversion (hate the leaky Ford assist rams)<br />
Subframe connectors<br />
Baer bump steer correction kit<br />
Ford 8" axle with Eaton True-trac diff and new bearings by Hauser <br />
Moser 28-spine half shafts<br />
Prop loop<br />
Calvert Racing Rancho adjustable drag shocks <br />
Cal-trac traction bars<br />
Fibreglass front bumper, needs a fresh coat of satin black (have the original steel one too)<br />
15" Cragar Black D Window wheels with NHT Galaxy"s all round <br />
<br />
I"ve just spent 700 down the body shop welding up the right outer rear quarter, and the left inner rear arch as they were starting to go. The other rear quarter will need some attention in the coming year or so i"d say. There are a few spots appearing around it but then it is a 55 year old truck, structurally its all solid. Engine, transmission and rear end are all dry, no leaks. Freshly Waxoyled underneath after the body work.<br />
<br />
Since lowering the front it does suffer a bit from bump steer, its got the adjustment facility with the Baer bump steer correction kit to get it right but I"ve not gotten round to sorting it and have just lived with it. The speedo doesn"t work but the other gauges do, inc fuel!<br />
<br />
Over the last year or two its had a new alternator, starter motor, fuel pump and its just had 2 new front wheels and tires. Dependent on the deal I"ve got a pair of fresh rear wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials mounted to go with it too.<br />
<br />
This is by no means a clean shiny show truck but is a very usable go anywhere VERY quick bit of kit, I"ve been [email protected] in it and have previously used it as a daily. Spend a bit of time sorting the cosmetics out, or just enjoy is as it is!<br />
<br />
It American Car Magazines cover car in September 2016 too, more of the story in there!<br />

Date written: 30-Jul-2019

Price: <td><strong>£15500 Offers invited

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 16454

Back