Car Spec<br />
1951 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible<br />
Original 331ci V8 OHC Rebuilt<br />
Power Top<br />
Power Windows<br />
Power Front Seat<br />
Original 4 Speed Hydra Matic Gearbox Rebuilt<br />
<br />
The car came into the UK around 1988 and was UK Registered on the 1/10 1998, initially the car was painted pink with a white top. Later the car was given a sympathetic restoration including new Vinyl Trim a Black Cloth Top and new paint back to its original colour of Mist Gray. Later the car was again retrimmed in Red Leather . The cars Vin Plate now decodes to the correct colour Trim , Mist Gray Paint and Black Cloth Power Top.<br />
<br />
The car has a folder full of reciepts of work done to the car over the years.<br />
<br />
It is a numbers matching car of which the the original engine has had a very expensive rebuild less than 1000 miles ago and runs like a swiss watch. I have photo"s of the rebuild completed by RnR Performance Cars Lordswood Kent. Everything inside the engine was brand new apart from the crank which has a 10 thou regrind/polish. The heads had hardened valve seats fitted with sprung loaded top hat valve stem seals to allow to run the unleaded fuels of today, and fitted with a new carter carburettor. <br />
New parts listed below<br />
<br />
Original block rebored<br />
Original heads rebuilt with New Valves, Springs and Rockers<br />
New Cam Shaft and Bearings<br />
New Timing Gears and Chain<br />
New Lifters and Pushrods<br />
New Pistons, Rings and all connecting rod parts and bearings<br />
New Big End and Mains Bearing etc<br />
New Oil Pump<br />
New Crank Bearings<br />
New Water Pump<br />
All New Seals and Gaskets<br />
New 2bbl Carter Carb<br />
New Engine Mounts<br />
New Exhaust Manifolds<br />
New Front and Rear Gearbox Seals<br />
Less than 1000 miles on the new engine build<br />
Oils and filters have been changed about 3 times since build.<br />
<br />
The 4 speed Hydra Matic Gearbox was also rebuilt around 7000 miles ago by Rogers Automatic"s in Dartford.<br />
<br />
Also has a Stainless Exhaust system<br />
<br />
The paintwork has stood up well since being painted over 25 Years ago, it does have the odd mark here and there but shines up well.<br />
<br />
The front 6 piece bumper set i had rechromed in the states as it was cheaper to get one sent over already done than get it done in the UK. It is Triple Plated and perfect. I also have some NOS chrome parts to fit to the car. The rear bumper has not been done but cleans up well. <br />
The Hood and Trunk Emblems and Bezels are New and are a fortune to buy also along with the V"s.<br />
<br />
The interior is just awesome full leather with a fairly new carpet sets the car off a treat. Withe the ease of a button the power Top works perfectly with a rebuilt Control Unit and fairly New Power Ram"s.<br />
All the windows are power operated and also the front seat is also power operated. These are all Hydraulic and all work off of the same system.<br />
<br />
The car is a real joy to drive and also has a working heater for those cooler nights out. I will only sell it to the right person who i believe will look after it as i would. I have seen something in the states that has taken my eye but if that sells then im no rush to sell my Cadillac, and will happily keep it for a few more years until i see something else.<br />
<br />
54,995 ovno<br />
<br />
Located in Mansfield Nottinghamshire<br />
<br />
Viewing by appointment only and any test drives will be done buy me.<br />
<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />

Date written: 28-Dec-2018

Price: <td><strong>£54995 Or near offer

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk