ZarooQ Burning Up Dubai with New Rally Car

RSS_Auto_Poster

Written by Arison Knapp

785.jpg

Can you smell the racing engine exhaust scent yet? I can just from looking at the pictures of the new ZarooQ Sandracer. The UAE based ZarooQ company has been testing the waters for over a year designing street-legal rally car with Campos Racing to be an affordable racecar. Alongside this project ZarooQ motors is also building a dirt race track, "The Sand Circuit", in Dubai with an entirely new racing series featuring vehicles that compete directly with the Sandracer.
The ZarooQ Sandracer idea was hatched to be a comparatively inexpensive race-ready rally car with some luxuries of an everyday driver. ZarooQ"s Sandracer first presents you with modern styling from the legendary W Lykan designer Anthony Jannarelly, a good answer to the competition. The specifications are just as entertaining as the styling with rigid steel unibody, mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, creature comforts like air conditioning, suede interior bits and automatic transmission.
The physical form itself is exciting at 165 inches long the wheels are at the corners with a long wheelbase and a wide stance of 82 inches the Sandracer sits proper. The less than 2300 lb curb weight is a tasty figure too. Keeping this beast planted is a four-corner set of Fox shocks which ZarooQ will offer 12.4 inches of clearance. These fellas at ZarooQ are doing a great job with their first project. The stiff high-strength steel unibody is wrapped in a fiberglass body shell that I think is a great choice if you go the inexpensive lightweight route opposed to carbon fiber.
It hasn"t been confirmed who the engine supplier will be but the information released states it"ll be an all-aluminum 3.5-liter V6 to power the rear wheels. Car & Driver stated that they think Nissan will be the fit since it meets all their racing demands but Mercedes-Benz might be an option. Personally I would take the Nissan unit for their V6 specialty which has been racing for decades. Thinking about getting into rally soon? This is a great choice to get your rocks kicking. Tell us what you think about the design and specs. Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Date: December 3, 2015
More of this article on the LS1 Tech website

ID: 785

Back