Yikes: it"s the 717bhp Dodge Charger Widebody Daytona

RSS_Auto_Poster

Written by Stephen Dobie
16610.jpg

Back in June, Dodge showed us the Charger Hellcat Widebody. With 707bhp and a 196mph top speed, it became the world"s wildest, most powerful production saloon car. With ease. But not for long, it turns out. Meet the deep breath Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition. A higher rev limit ekes out another 10bhp from its supercharged 6.2-litre V8 for a 717bhp total, ensuring there"s adequate power to carry all those name badges around. In truth, a four-door really doesn"t need this kind of power. We"re jolly glad Dodge has thrown caution and logic to the wind, though. And helping display its potency to onlookers are new 20in satin carbon-finish wheels, with stocky Brembo brakes housed within them.

Date written: 15 Aug 2019

More of this article on the Top gear website

ID: 16610

dg020_157chs8iftm7o9fch5ksv4hlpti438l.jpg

Give it all the power you want still dosn't look like a charger unlike the other marques that did retro makes of there muscle cars . Look at the 5th gen mustang look at the dodge challenger very simillar body lines or as close as they could get with cad design and us laws but this charger ranger dosnt look like anything like there muscle car range from years back, ok might be a very nice car ?

I wouldn’t say no :)

Back in the day, muscle cars existed because the manufacturers started taking the big engines out of their full size cara and shoe horning them into the smaller cars. There was plenty of buyers across all the manufacturers and models. These days? Not so much, so it makes little sense to have the Challenger and Charger compete with each other.

I really like the Charger’s and if I needed 4 doors I wouldn’t have hesitated. I would buy one over anything European.

Back