Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

Nope leave that to the new owners if i ever sell ,
once fuel is there she starts and runs great fitted a reman rochester carb about 4 years ago been great, from summit racing,
just need to get fuel to carb as car sits alot, was hoping to get to all the shows this year with it but C19 put pay to that,
Perhaps have an hand pump fuel squirt in the carb before starting?

As for C19, the chineese will make a new version in their attempt to improve on it, perhaps C20?

Well they recon a 2nd wave of virus coming now if the scare mongering news is right?.

Looks like I will investigate electric pump then

just need to get fuel to carb as car sits alot, was hoping to get to all the shows this year with it but C19 put pay to that,

Just add a small reservoir of fuel and use a windscreen washer pump from a scrap yard to spray fuel into the carb. Don’t even need to solder, just twist the wires together and use an old nail for a fuse. It’s perfectly safe, don’t even need a fire extinguisher!!!!
?

for the rest of us, bbq’d lamb at Darrens.... along with a roasted Firebird! ?

roasted screaming chicken more like you sick dodgey owner lol,,,,

Thanks for the link. Crikey! Probably almost a grand with shipping and duty then? I'm with Darren, think I'll leave that to the next owner ?

Having said that, given what Ranchero has said, I would consider an injection conversion on the Firebird, especially as the Holley is pretty tired. Never fitted one but I'm guessing it's not a cheap conversion though?
if you would like to have a good look at the set up on the ranchero you are more that welcome

Looks like I will investigate electric pump then

Just a thought, but what about a non-return valve in the fuel line so that the fuel doesn’t drain away?
You would still get evaporation from the lines where they are close to the engine/exhaust but it might allow enough fuel to be retained that the pump doesn’t spend as long filling up empty lines?
The other thought is that your carb floats are set too low and the float bowls aren’t retaining enough fuel?

i also have the emision round filter thing by the inner wing has vacum pipes to it could also remove all of this as well been told will help ???? as previous carb runs great can thank summit racing for that,

The charcoal canister?
This is part of the emissions rubbish and probably doesn’t work anymore anyway. By all means do away with it but I doubt it will help.
Remember to plug all the vacuum lines up!

IMG_20200622_134846.jpg
OK got 50 50 chance of get right fuel pipe top right is flow to carb bottom two rubber hoses on pump 1 is flow in 1 is flow out ie to much and puts back to tank which one to put non return valve in??? Has my book shows a different mechanical fuel pump and is fitted other way round in book my car might in previous life had a replacement fuel pump??

left hand black rubber hose fuel in ok will look and put valve in and see what happends, (y)
also removed the e,vap charcho canister hosed and blanked of the vac lines still go one going back to tank leave open as breather

IMG_20200624_181245.jpg
IMG_20200624_181236.jpg
. Anybody know what thread this is? It's the extra vacuum take of of the intake on the 403 olds on the trans am. Just replacing some pipes and removing some that are not required and this is in the way so was going to blank it of as not in use anymore

Might sound odd, but that’s a really coarse thread that reminds me of household plumbing. Maybe check a blanking plug on a central heating radiator?
B & Q as opposed to Rock Auto?

Thanks Rancheo thats a 500 mile round trip approx i will let the police know you are coming as we are still in lockdown in wales unless you want to stand the other otherside of river as thats the boarder i can then pass it to you lol,,,,

ok joking apart looks to be a taper version of 1/2inch unc ( SAE/BSP) i have cut a bolt down and put slot in so its now like a grub screw and new vac pipe that dosnt rub ontop of that T vac union, so all good now,

unless someone has messed with it. it wont be bsp most likely national pipe

Lost the reverse circuit somehow as was going to finish of the install of reverse sensors over this weekend, But the green wire donsnt work anymore ??
so looked in book blue wire from fusebox (have no blue wire from fusebox) the switch on colum has a blue lite green and brown wire the green dosnt go to rear of car or is broken or the wrong wire the blue dosnt go to fusebox but the switch (switch on seat in picture) has a mechanical mechanisium the part that has a rod from steering colum pushes switch but not anymore rod is all loose but summit racing says this switch is a dimmer switch ?? but the dimmer switch is on the dash and this works
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/ado-d2276c/year/1979/make/pontiac/model/firebird i dont have this or cant see it, see attached pictures

IMG_20200706_114436.jpg
found another swith right at bottom of colum looks like the 2nd link for summit so will crack on

Back