Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

To help shifting of gears
IMG_20211214_092612.jpg

Same as on older Fords as well, known as the 'Modulator'.

Last edited:
Nice one Darren! All looking good 👍
Looks like you did the brake pipe across the axle in copper? I did the same with the Firebird, as with the front to rear pipe too. Much easier to work with than steel.

yes with copper with the gravel gaurd over the pipework , you can get this stuff of e bay, new flexi as well,

yes with copper with the gravel gaurd over the pipework , you can get this stuff of e bay, new flexi as well,
Thanks for the tip mate. I also did the Firebird fuel supply and breather lines in 10mm copper. At the time I wasn't sure if that was legal for the MOT, but searching the internet it seems it's OK.

Got my rockauto order even magnet lol. Replaced autobox filter
IMG_20220107_173254.jpg

IMG_20220109_090914.jpg

IMG_20220109_090926.jpg

IMG_20220109_091639.jpg

sprayed the autobox pan before refitting and put new engine oil filter on as well nice Fram one , sorry no pic well you all seen Fram filters before lol

started the old girl up today sounds sweet (y)

more than can be said for that red camaro in waterloovile lol,,,,,

started the old girl up today sounds sweet (y)

more than can be said for that red camaro in waterloovile lol,,,,,
Glad yours is sounding good.
Camaro had a bit of welding done today. Thats all the welding it needed. Next is to fit the lower control arms and get the axle back on. Still a while off from starting it. One day it will get there. lol.

Had to move the old girl as needed ramp to work on dad's car .
IMG_20220123_144219.jpg

Got the new selector cable for the autobox to put on once dad's car is sorted. Checked all fluids b4 moving from doing filters all good👍

Changed the plugs today.and got a knocking noise not sure yet how to get round it the handbrake cable coupler is knocking on exhaust.
IMG_20220213_104353.jpg
IMG_20220213_104404.jpg
IMG_20220213_104407.jpg
IMG_20220213_095339.jpg
IMG_20220213_095331.jpg

Good idea will if the chassis rails weren't in the way. Did try ref the exhaust but the 3 bolt flange to the headers have bean welded so can't rotate the exhaust but if I could that would of worked as it only beads rotation by about an inch or would that be 10 degrees or moving 5 minutes if looking at a clock face lol. Any more ideas that might work????

look's like cable is rubbing on other exhaust pipe as well i think you will need to cut the flange welds

Good idea will if the chassis rails weren't in the way. Did try ref the exhaust but the 3 bolt flange to the headers have bean welded so can't rotate the exhaust but if I could that would of worked as it only beads rotation by about an inch or would that be 10 degrees or moving 5 minutes if looking at a clock face lol. Any more ideas that might work????
Could you lightly jack the exhaust to get it to tuck up nearer to the body? will there be enough flex in it?

On the subject of plug changing, I only see four plugs in your pic! I thought it might be a V6 at the very least!

4 per side makes 8 lol😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
And yes both sides have been change plug gap set bit of copper greese on threads.

No flex on exhaust as ranchero and will have said looks like I will have to break the exhaust down and refit or put up with it.

Other than repositioning the exhaust somehow, what about fitting some sort or pulley or quadrant on a bracket bolted or welded to the chassis or floor for the cable to pass over?
Some cars use this method in production.

Side pipes will fix it.
1644917424369.png

Back