Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

There were two that did it for me.
The very famous 77 TA driven by Burt Reynolds and the lesser known TA driven by David Carradine in Cannonball (Carquake). They made a big impression on a youngster at the time. They were quickly followed by a couple
of Matchbox cars bought with pocket money at a local toy store. I still own them today and they triggered a love affair that continues to this day despite me not owning one anymore.

Nice TA. I do like the look of the 2nd gens.

Your dads car?

bought in 83 with 11k on the clock

20604449_10211569685972537_8634155229477148432_n.jpg

There were two that did it for me.
The very famous 77 TA driven by Burt Reynolds and the lesser known TA driven by David Carradine in Cannonball (Carquake). They made a big impression on a youngster at the time. They were quickly followed by a couple
of Matchbox cars bought with pocket money at a local toy store. I still own them today and they triggered a love affair that continues to this day despite me not owning one anymore.

Ditto!! I also fell in love with 2nd Gen Birds the moment I saw Burt drive the 6.6 Bandit TA out of the back of the Snowman's rig and still get the same buzz when I watch that again, despite seeing the movie about 50+ times lol

I love them, but the driving experience is just not there for me. I would have to build my own version with modern engine, brakes, steering, suspension etc and that would take Hellcat money!

ok guys a question , ok my trans am sits in garage alot so you have to crank the engine until the mechanic fuel pimp
1590950179522.png

has brought the fuel from the tank to the carb then runs fine,
now do i fit a non return valve inline on the fuel pipe or do a fit a cheap electric fuel pimp
1590950314256.png

mechanical say's it 9psi electric not sure beleave the rochester carburetor needs 6psi to run? so would i need a regulator and what type? or can the two pumps run toogether ?

ok guys a question , ok my trans am sits in garage alot so you have to crank the engine until the mechanic fuel pimp
View attachment 159977
has brought the fuel from the tank to the carb then runs fine,
now do i fit a non return valve inline on the fuel pipe or do a fit a cheap electric fuel pimp
View attachment 159978
mechanical say's it 9psi electric not sure beleave the rochester carburetor needs 6psi to run? so would i need a regulator and what type? or can the two pumps run toogether ?

Cranking the engine without firing after a long period can work to your advantage. It allows the oil (Which will have drained to the sump) to get around the engine a bit before firing. Some people disconnect the distributer spedifically for this reason.

true chris it dose crank for along time as it has to pump the gas from tank to fill up the carb before it can run , puts alot of strain/use on the starter motor, so was thinking electric pump , the van,pony, and audi all sit for weeks before use and they fire straight up but all injected and electric pump,

Like spending my money a/t. LOL,,,

How many times you used that excuses on swmnbo then lol

Cranking the engine without firing after a long period can work to your advantage. It allows the oil (Which will have drained to the sump) to get around the engine a bit before firing. Some people disconnect the distributer spedifically for this reason.
It's interesting you should say that Chris. The Grand Prix is obviously fuel injected so it always barks straight into life and I've noticed that after it hasn't been started for a long time, there is a certain harshness to the engine the first split second. That's probably a few microns of white metal being taken off the main and end bearings lol.
Having said that, given what Ranchero has said, I would consider an injection conversion on the Firebird, especially as the Holley is pretty tired. Never fitted one but I'm guessing it's not a cheap conversion though?

I think what I said is more relevant to older engines with cast blocks and large oilways that will drain down easier when left standing for some time.

It'sI would consider an injection conversion on the Firebird, especially as the Holley is pretty tired. Never fitted one but I'm guessing it's not a cheap conversion though?

Nope leave that to the new owners if i ever sell ,
once fuel is there she starts and runs great fitted a reman rochester carb about 4 years ago been great, from summit racing,
just need to get fuel to carb as car sits alot, was hoping to get to all the shows this year with it but C19 put pay to that,

Back