Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

when's ths weather going to stop ? want to unwrap all the parts and get working on TA might even get it done for wheels day or not depending on weather might just have to go in the mustang

Dry weather has to stop sometime. You will see be out there fitting the new bits.

This weather suck's wont to fix my car cant wait to see you work you do on it

AS i plan on using nitrous for the car i am tempted to put a new engine in , ok not for a few years but have been looking at summit and they do some nice ready to run engines just have to find out if it would bolt to my gearbox ??? or do i get a engine build over here??? and would it fit in engine bay and still keep shaker system lots of question and lots of planning to come
Access Denied

Access Denied

Dam summit won't let me post link to engines

Managed to do a bit to TA today when i got home . Replace oil presure sender unit as gauge was playing up all sorted now, Replace fuel filter and pipe as old filter was well over due for a change , Replaced distributer cap and leads again worn out inside and fitted new rad cap as well all sorted and just for chris another picture to show old and new door pins and bushes

Last edited:
None behind mine now Darren lol just shows you only get wot you pay for that's why yours was nearly 3k more than mine still got the same amount of rust theo lol :)

Just a little picture update for you fellow petrolheads,

slow progress inbetween wind/rain/cold and call outs

oooh, new bits. Nice use of the Saleen there as a shelf for all your new parts for the Trans-Am.

Were your original dials not working? or changing from kph to mph or something?

How many calendars do you need? lol.:thumb:

Well spotted Dan yes have a wall full of nice calenders hard to keep my mind focused when working on my cars,,
Yes just waiting on a few more parts to come from the states and not from rockauto :tape:..
when tracing fault with fan motor found no fuse in fuse holder up inside dash (what a place to put a fuse holder) saw the membrain circuit board and removed dash dials and have now ordered new membrain as wasn't in the best of shape not that clear in photo also have managed to get to fan and test as have now got 12 volts but motor bit ropey so have ordered new fan motor as well..

WOWZERS!! Where did this come from and how did I miss it?!?!

Looks awesome mate! Hope you bring this out this year! !

Thanks Sarah, waiting on a few more parts from USA but both suppliers have got heavy snow took one of them 4 hours to get into work, so not shipped my parts yet they hope to dispatch this week then wait on customs to release,

Got 1 of my parcels last week just need some nice weather so i can crack on with it
Tarpaline came of last week neaghbours helps me put it back on nice on them ,
Have put squerral cage fan on motor and put new circuit board on dash but not able to get outside and fit and put front of car back together,

Last edited:
Well at the weekend managed to fit new fan motor and refit wing and bonnet and sort knocking exhaust, even fitted new plastic T Top interior panels and start the old girl up no leaks left it running for a good 1/2 hour no problems considering it's been sitting for so long. Just go the dash to put back together and try and remember where the black cable goes from dash ,

Last edited:
Looking great. I bet you are loving something to tinker with? The t-top plastic bis look like they needed replacing. Are they east to change? the're not bonded to the glass at all?

Hi, Dan yes T Top panels were easy fit not bonded just 4 scews but you do need to remove the release handle before you fit then bit tight due to age but came of had to retieghtern all the screws behind panel as loose before refitment, Got parts from Fbodywarehouse bit slow due to bad weather out there and they use USPS ,

Anyone got a rev-counter for a TA see picture previous for type,?

check out this youtube fbodywarehouse1 some good stuff on there
looks like sunny but cold day might do a bit to the TA ??????????

Lots of the parts delivery

Hope to do some more work in the coming weeks if weather stays dry.

Last edited:
Managed to do a bit more today , remove old brake fluid from resoviour look how black it was but the syringe, replace body mount bushes not as bad as chris's were but bloody nightmare to get out compared to chris's replaced front brakes and replace top door pin look at the gap in old pinand replace spark plugs,

Last edited:
Wow you have been busy. Progress is looking good.
Did you find it easy to push the cylinder back in to put in new brake pads. The Fiesta took me 3 hours to change the front pads. I recall it taking about 20mins on the Trans-Am.

Back