Wings & Wheels 2019 15&16th June

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Had and emails from the Wings & Wheels organisers.

For its 15[SUP]th[/SUP] Show, Wings & Wheels is returning to its original 2005 spot in June. The airshow will now take place on Saturday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] and Sunday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2019.

The decision to change the date was made following the announcement that the Red Arrows will be on tour in North America throughout August and September and after consultation with exhibitors, participants, volunteers and visitors.

We’ve thought carefully about changing the date of Wings & Wheels to ensure that we are able to continue to put on the very best show for visitors. We had to consider a number of things, including what exhibitors and air displays would be available in August vs June and have concluded that a return to the show’s roots in June is a positive step for the airshow.

We are now moving forward and planning the June show and the Wheels Zone is open for participants to enter by visiting our website or clicking on this link:
Exhibitor

Beaulieu is o Fathers day which is the 16th June. So perhaps we should get the wings and wheels club stand for the Saturday.

Who wants to go on the Saturday 15th June?

Last edited:
I would definitely like to do Beaulieu as I love it there and we missed it this year due to a holiday booking fudge up. Not sure I can commit just yet to doing Wings & Wheels on Saturday as well. I haven't been to W&W before, but it looks great. I remember us all cruising to a show at Dunsfold a few years back. It was a great show but with no flying, although the queue to get out was monumental! It seemed to take forever. Assuming it's at the same venue, hopefully that has been sorted?

It’s funny. I didn’t have any trouble
Entering or leaving that days. Just lucky I guess

Yeah, it probably depended on the time and quantity of people leaving I guess. Wish I could have said the same! From what I recall they seemed to be stopping cars from leaving via what seemed like the most logical exits and instead directing us all around the perimeter of the venue.

Yeah, it probably depended on the time and quantity of people leaving I guess. Wish I could have said the same! From what I recall they seemed to be stopping cars from leaving via what seemed like the most logical exits and instead directing us all around the perimeter of the venue.

You are right, Dunsfold had huge traffic issues at a show. That show was when Wheels Day was hosted there. I think a couple of thousand cars went there. There were queues out to the gate, then them not charging some people as they were trying to get cars off the road quicker. However Wings & Wheels is quite a bit different, there are a handful of club stands of around 20 cars on each, and individual entries are probably only about 200. There are loads of food stalls and some other great things to walk around, so good to keep the women busy. Then there is the air show, that is fantastic (I havn't been to many). So a lot of things going on, and not so many cars., a great day out. No traffic issues getting in or out, and very well organised and marshalled.

The wheels Days event at Dunsfold was made infamous by the unexpected number of cars.
Wheels day is typically <3000. They budgeted for 6000 with the change in venue and IIRC got 18000!
I don’t think anyone foresaw that and I certainly don’t hold it against the organisers.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up! Yes, I remember us paying and it being evident that others hadn't.
As I say, I do love Beaulieu but have never been to W&W and it does sound awesome. I love aircrsft too. So thinking about it, if I can only do one of the shows that weekend, we'll probably make it W&W. Although, are we involved in Beaulieu again next year?

Yeah the club is involved with promoting Beaulieu for 3 more years atleast.
This year at W&W it was a tad wet. Last year was a scorcher and I really enjoyed it, good amount of cars to walk round and a very good air display.

Had and emails from the Wings & Wheels organisers.

Beaulieu is o Fathers day which is the 16th June. So perhaps we should get the wings and wheels club stand for the Saturday.

Who wants to go on the Saturday 15th June?

We would join you on the Saturday on a club stand. We went this year and had a great time!

Dean & Sharon

Cool I will look into booking it. I'll find out what day the Pontiac owners club are going. Saturday seemed to be more free fir club stands, so we could have the whole space to ourselves that can take 20 vehicles.

Yeah the club is involved with promoting Beaulieu for 3 more years atleast.
This year at W&W it was a tad wet. Last year was a scorcher and I really enjoyed it, good amount of cars to walk round and a very good air display.

Ahh, OK. That's excellent that the club will still be promoting Beaulieu for a while. I may have to do both then!! I'll book the Monday off work I think lol

Back