VE Day Spitfire Engine

why wouldnt you lol,,,,

For anyone that missed this morning's Flypast, here is Guy Martin and his working Merlin engine that he keeps in his shed.....

We didn’t get anything here ??

The fly past flew over a care home nearby so it almost went over head. Sarah saw videos on Facebook and hundreds of people filming it in a field near the care home, I guess the social distancing didn't apply that day.

A Merlin in a car has been done sevel times I believe. A British guy called John Dodd was one I recall. I remember one of his cars being being featured in Hot Car magazine in the 70's. From what I recall his first one went up in flames unfortunately. I think this was his following project....

I saw one at the Guildford cruise in the early 2000s. Sounded like shakeing a bucket of nuts and bolts when it was running.

I saw one at the Guildford cruise in the early 2000s. Sounded like shakeing a bucket of nuts and bolts when it was running.
I remember that too he was advertising for engine parts for it.l I also remember the magazine article he was clocked at over 200mph in Germany

I checked though all my Guildford photos from early 2000's and cant find it. I know i saw it parked up by Halfords. There was loads of people around it, which may be why I didn't get a photo.

Thanks for posting. Cool ride

I checked though all my Guildford photos from early 2000's and cant find it. I know i saw it parked up by Halfords. There was loads of people around it, which may be why I didn't get a photo.
i was one of them was about 3 rows back couldn't see much

Back