Renegades Email Newsletter 4 - 02/02/2014

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
oDtJjWkidCBYgHP7iIF6-Qtz2Hkc_q5X7WboJYLUatyrZBTODdGll6pDJIOMfYO8CqbbsU7gqmXhSeJyver38Xa1GeWT-BPQDNpalRf-S0OdrX7DGmMh32xMGw
Renegades Email Newsletter 4.
02/02/2014

Hi {username},
This is the fourth newsletter to be sent out from the website. It is being sent to all who has signed up to the forum and you can unsubscribe if you wish from the link at the bottom.

First newsletter of the year. Since the last newsletter there has be a couple of shows/breakfast runs.

Past Events
Hayling Legends Classic Meet and Breakfast run 5th Jan 2014
We went to Barley Mow on the way for a breakfast run and then on to Hayling Legends, wasn?t a bad turn out, a few photos, [url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/sarah-albums-hayling-lengends-classic-meet-breakfast-run-january-5th-2014.html[/URL] and [url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/transamdan-albums-hayling-legends-jan-2014.html[/URL]

Paul Walker Tribute Day @ Santa Pod Raceway 18th Jan 2014
This was a large gathering of custom cars, many like the ones in Fast and Furious. A few of us were going to go but with all the rain we didn?t chance it. However I did come across some photos of the event incase you wanted to see what went on there.
[url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/transamdan-albums-santapod-paul-walker-tribute.html[/URL]

Renegades Breakfast Run on 19th Jan
On 19th Jan 2014 the Renegades had their breakfast run. We met on the hill by Micks burger van (usual place) for about 9am. It was a great turn out up the hill of 5 cars, the weather was great, so that helped, but it has been quite bad recently.

Carl with the Cuda happened to check on the website and saw the breakfast run so he came along too. The 5 of us convoyed down to Gosport at about 9:10am, unfortunately no others met us along the way like we have done in the past. As we were getting near Fareham we saw a load of WV's which were going to pass over the top of the hill to get on the A3 to go to a big show in hindhead called Crotch coolers Winter Warmer

It was a nice pleasant drive down there, Ady gave it some beans along the top of the hill, it sounded awesome. The Bayside Cabin was quite busy downstairs, the food and service was still great. I'm amazed how all the meals and drinks came out without a hitch at all.

On the way back myself, Malc and our passengers popped into Dean?s Diner at Whitely to see what it was like and scope out the parking. The milkshakes are great :p one reason for turn up there is that they have asked about some cars turning up there to help them promote the place.
Photos from the day- [url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/sarah-albums-breakfast-run-january-19th-2014.html[/URL]

Future Events

4th Feb - Club night

16th Feb - Renegades Breakfast Run - Loomies
A cruise to Loomies diner on the A32 (road to Alton). The chances are we may only have 5 cars which won?t impact their parking etc.. Hopefully we can get a good show of cars perhaps up to 10? Meet up the hill (Mick?s burgers) just before 9am, with the aim to leave just after 9am. Fingers crossed for a great morning and it should be a nice drive there.

18th Feb - Club night

4th March - Club night

16th March - Renegades Breakfast Run - Amberley Museum
With a lovely cruise through parts of the South Downs National Park it will make a cracking morning!! From Portsmouth the cruise will be approximately 30 miles (40 ish minutes), long enough for a good run for the cars but not too long that we're miles away from home.
It will only cost you ?7.00 for a full English breakfast between 0800 and 1000, and if you wanted to stay there for the day and see what the museum has to offer it will cost only ?13.00 in total (including full English breakfast).
And the good news on this.....if you want to make a day of it dogs ARE allowed providing they are kept on leads at ALL times.
So, two weeks before the breakfast run full payment must be made whether you are having just breakfast or choosing to stay and checking out their museum. Payment can be given to myself or Sarah and you will be booked in.

18th March - Club night

1st April - Club night

13th April - Spring Show - Chichester College
The Solent Classics traditional start of the season show, always popular with hardstanding for all cars.

15th April - Club night

18th April - Wheels Day Good Friday 2014
Wheels Day has a new location for 2014, it?s at Dunsfold Aerodrome (Top Gear track). It?s still on good Friday which is April 18th 2014. It?s a Hot rod and custom American car show and it was a great success again, so thanks to the Surrey Street Rodders for this event. Well over 1000 vehicles. some photos from last years show 2013. More details on Wheels Day 2014

25th-27th April - AACI Spring Open Nationals
At Billing Aquadrome

27th April - Renegades Season Opener 2014
New leaflet is already done for this year?s show. It will be held on Sunday April 27th. We have leaflets that will be here for the end of season show, so they can be given out there, the boxing day shows and also Wheels Day to get plenty of coverage.

29th April - Club night

4th May - Goodwood Breakfast Club - Super Car Sunday
Ultimate high-performance machines ? both cars and bikes ? and the greatest free supercar show on the planet.

13th May - Club night

Last edited:
18th May - Herts Auto Show 2014
The Herts Auto Show event will be held on 18th May 2014 in Stanborough Park in Hertfordshire, (approx 90 miles from Portsmouth). This event is in support of Make a Wish Foundation UK Charity.
24th- 26th May - Yanks Weekend at Shakespeare 2014
The Yanks weekend for 2014 is the May 24th to the 26th. This event is held in association with the National Association of Street Cars (NASC)
[url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/content/262-yanks-weekend-shakespeare-2014[/URL]
24th - 26th May - UK Power Tour
The UK power tour is 3 days, 3 drag strips and 330 miles between 24th and 26th of May 2014. Organised by V8UK. So why not join in with a pack of V8 and some V6's for this great event. Some of the Renegades will be attending the Power tour event and already signed up to the list..
All you need to do to sign up is visit the
UK Power Tour sign up page.
Talked about on the Forum:-
[url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/drag-racing/9387-uk-power-tour-2014-a.html[/URL]
Further info:-
[url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/content/260-uk-power-tour-2014[/URL]

[h=2] [/h][h=2]Raffle tickets for Charity[/h]Joy Sang is selling tickets on behalf of three charities, one being the Rowans Hospice. The top prize are 2 Virgin Balloon flights, 2nd prize is ?50 cash. Tickets are ?1 each or a book for ?5.
If you are interested please bring your money along to a club night before 21st July. (or if you are further away and would like tickets, email me and I will arrange something)

Car Club T-Shirts and Polo Shirts
The T-Shirts are good quality and have the club logo embroidered on the front and back, photos can be seen on the forum, [url]http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/threads/9466-Club-Polo-Shirts-and-Fleece-s?p=27117#post27117[/URL]
Nigel (black mustang) found a place that can embroider our club logo onto Polo shirts and Fleece's. I supplied a copy of our large logo which was ideal for this. The results were very good.
Polo shirts will be White, and the Fleece will come in black or blue.
Polo Shirts are ?14.99, and the Fleece will be ?30
So if anyone is interested just let me know.

Renegade Email Accounts
Also the club website can offer email accounts too. So if you want an email account like fred@solent-renegades.co.uk then please let me know by sending me an email of your choice of name, plus a password you want to log in with to dan@solent-renegades.co.uk, and I will get this setup for you. You can pick up your emails though Webmail, much like hotmail all online, or it can be set up to be picked up via Outlook or another email client on your PC / tablet or phone. It's no bother at all to set you up with an email account.

Have your car featured on the front of the website
There is an article section in the front page of the website. Have your car featured here, just do a write up about your car with photos and email it on to me and I will get it up on the site, and also in the Club Car Article section. No one has done this yet, so do you want to be the first?

Website on another new server
It was found the web server kept going off doing something, and not serving web pages in a timely fashion. So I have increased the specification of the server, the pages are served much quicker now. The change happened around Wednesday 29th Jan, most of us didn?t see the change over. There are a few minor tweaks to be done, but on the whole it was a successful move.

Thanks for taking the time to read. If you have any events you want to add to the list please send them on.

TransAmDan
Solent Renegades
[url]www.solent-renegades.co.uk[/URL]

New items to be added...

Crutch Coolers Cruise and Meet at The Departure Lounge 2nd March 2014
On Sunday 2nd March 2014 Crotch Cooler invites all classic car owners to their Classic Car Cruise and Meet at The Departure Lounge Cafe near Alton. The meet is a great opportunity for classic car owners to come together to show of their cars, ride in convoy and tuck into a warming English Breakfast.
Classic Car Cruise and Meet at The Departure Lounge

Ace Cafe Incarnation Brighton - 26th April 2014
Ace Cafe are hosting an event in Brighton called Incarnation. On April 26th.
The Renegades are meeting at the Little Chef on the A27 between Emsworth and Chichester and leaving at 7am sharp.
http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/sh...html#post28853

Back