question , Why are impact tools black its PITA

saleen 192

Core Member
why are impact tools black you can never bloody find them when you loose them in the engine back working on a car or truck

Normal sockets are silver hopfully you shine a torch in and the reflection gives its location but a black socket you just cant find them please manufactors make them a differant color
sorry rant over

why are impact tools black you can never bloody find them when you loose them in the engine back working on a car or truck

Normal sockets are silver hopfully you shine a torch in and the reflection gives its location but a black socket you just cant find them please manufactors make them a differant color
sorry rant over
Spray paint them yellow. Yellow is a good colour.
1615399679789.png

PMSL..

Lol good question and I agree with the rant, they can be a bugger to find under a car in the dark lol 🙄
But it got me thinking, why are they black 🤔. I always thought it had something to do with them being harder. I found this online, I think it was on the Teng Tools USA website..
Impact sockets are typically black. This is because the surface is carbonized in order for it to harden. Ensuring that the surface is hard allows the sockets to absorb sudden torque changes i.e. “impact” a lot better.

With today technology make them easy to find be worth paying a bit more.

started to put the size on them with a white paint pen now much better

started to put the size on them with a white paint pen now much better
Should paint them day glow yellow like on 'Only fools and horses'

Now thats an idea