Podium

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
And Sarah steps off the podium and into 4th place on the rankings.....
Her lack of posting catches up and she pays the price!!!!!

Yeah, she has let the side down. I'll give her a poke.

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about yesterday's Brazilian Grand Prix lol
That was a crazy race towards the end and a surprising and unexpected podium!! Anyone watch it?

Made a change from the usual cruise.

I was a never a huge fan of F1, but got quite involved a few years ago as a Jenson Button supporter.
Jenson left the sport after a long run of poor performances and Lewis pulled the race card instead of taking ownership over a crash that was clearly his fault. Then they introduced the V6’s that sound like a wet fart down a toilet and I lost interest completely.
I watch the Australian Supercars series. Really exciting stuff compared to F1.

I was a never a huge fan of F1, but got quite involved a few years ago as a Jenson Button supporter.
Jenson left the sport after a long run of poor performances and Lewis pulled the race card instead of taking ownership over a crash that was clearly his fault. Then they introduced the V6’s that sound like a wet fart down a toilet and I lost interest completely.
I watch the Australian Supercars series. Really exciting stuff compared to F1.
I have always loved F1 but I agree that there have been some precessional races at times. Although, you definitely get a different perspective on it from actually being there. Nothing touches the atmosphere. Yeah, the Jenson years were great, we supported him too. His world championship was amazing. Even if Brawn did stretch the aerodynamic rules a little, JB still deserved the title. What Lewis crash did you mean? If the one on Sunday, he did apologise straight after and again sevaral more times later...rather than "what is he doing".... Like Mr Vettle! Lol.
And totally agree re the sound of the V6 turbo cars. I'd say they are virtually the same sound level as the Porsche Carrera cars that usually run as an F1 support race. That's just not right. They can bring back the 2.4 V8's any day!
And yep, seen a couple of Aussie Supercar races on TV...brilliant!

I have always loved F1 but I agree that there have been some precessional races at times. Although, you definitely get a different perspective on it from actually being there. Nothing touches the atmosphere. Yeah, the Jenson years were great, we supported him too. His world championship was amazing. Even if Brawn did stretch the aerodynamic rules a little, JB still deserved the title. What Lewis crash did you mean? If the one on Sunday, he did apologise straight after and again sevaral more times later...rather than "what is he doing".... Like Mr Vettle! Lol.
And totally agree re the sound of the V6 turbo cars. I'd say they are virtually the same sound level as the Porsche Carrera cars that usually run as an F1 support race. That's just not right. They can bring back the 2.4 V8's any day!
And yep, seen a couple of Aussie Supercar races on TV...brilliant!
No, the crash in question was a few years ago now.
He accused the race officials of blaming him because he is black, but even a quick look at the replay shows he was at fault! Never forgave him for that.

Remember the Canadian race when Jenson went from last to first? That was the best race ever in my opinion :)

No, the crash in question was a few years ago now.
He accused the race officials of blaming him because he is black, but even a quick look at the replay shows he was at fault! Never forgave him for that.
Ah yeah, I vaguely remember that but just looked it up to get the specifics. It was 8 years ago at the 2011 Monaco GP. Little was made of the comment as he clearly said it as a Joke and was quoting Ali G. The stewards accepted that, as did most I guess, he still has an army of global fans. Regarding the incident, I know they should all know better given their position, but for me, others have done far less forgivable things and have got away with them.

Remember the Canadian race when Jenson went from last to first? That was the best race ever in my opinion :)
Yeah, I just checked and that was a wet race in 2011. Jenson was brilliant in the wet. He was a good tactician too. I remember a race where he called a pit stop for tyes in changing conditions and won that too. I do miss him in F1. So sad he never got to win the British GP, even on his championship year.

He went and did sone other racing but apparently he’s retiring from that at the end of this year too. He now has a baby which he wants to spend time with apparently. A firm of solicitors I used to work for in Bristol used to act for him :)

He went and did sone other racing but apparently he’s retiring from that at the end of this year too. He now has a baby which he wants to spend time with apparently. A firm of solicitors I used to work for in Bristol used to act for him :)
I'd heard he has a Son now. I bet he ends up in racing one day. That's cool about where you worked :cool:

Simply not true. He was bollocked by his team and the BBC were talking about it post race.
Well, both might be expected. It was overstating on my part to say little was made of his comment. The essence of my point though and what IS true is that his explanation was accepted by the stewards and he received no official punishment for his comments.
As I say, in my eyes, he has never done anything unforgivable when compared to others. Like Senna for example, who took himself and Prost out of the race during an opening lap to win the championship. Or Max Verstappen, who shoved another driver in a pit garage because of a race incident. And James Hunt punched a marshall in the face! To me, these and countless other incidents make it difficult to single Lewis out.
With these guys, this is the nature of the beast and how they are made, I can understand that and still respect them all. The adrenaline and heat of the moment, both during and immediately after a motor race can have an effect on ones rationality. I have only raced saloon cars but F1 must be off the scale in that respect.
Anyway, I'm happy to agree to differ on Mr H :)(y)

Last edited:
Back