Peloton

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
With not going out must these days, it becomes more important to exercise indoors. A few of our members have the Pelton, and I'm not far off myself from pressing the buy now button.
You can buy the kit for one person or for two. As there isn't much price difference for two. I'll be going for the two.
Screenshot_20200330_180908_com.android.chrome.jpg

This comes with heart rate monitors too.

£39 a month for the online courses that you can pause at any time.

There is an app, but may be Apple only so need to check on that one.

Requires Internet, WiFi or Cable. I will go the cable route as have a network hub right next to where I plan to put it.

Thought I'd start this thread as it will help me make the jump or not, and may help others know what it's all about too.

As mentioned earlier if you use our referral Code UTXVR3 - I believe it gives you discount. In fact after a recap, it gives you £100 towards accessories :). Shoes, weights etc etc.

Dan. You’ve said you can pause the online classes. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately ?) you can’t pause them but you have access to live classes, encore classes and all pre recorded classes.

We use the peloton app on our phones (we have iPhones) and use the running classes on the app whilst on the treadmill :)

if anyone has any questions, let us know and we will try to help - we love it!

Sorry what i meant about the 'Pausing' was the £39/month membership. It mentions on their website you can pause/cancel the membership at anytime.

Their website talks about the app on Apple iOS, no mention of alternative. It is unusual for the app to not be available on multiple platforms. So checked the App store. It appears to be available. This is another checkbox ticked. :)

Screenshot_20200330_202131_com.android.vending.jpg

I see there are many classes for Yoga, stretching and cardio.
I would only have enough room for the bike, not a running machine too. I guess the right classes would do cardio too. would be missing out on alot?

Is the resistance digitally controlled? Some sort of magnets controlling the hardness?
Or is like the cycle machine at college where you turn a knob to tighten a strap around the wheel, managed to make that smoke when I went off the clock over 50mph, lol.

You will get cardio from using the bike, no doubt about that.
There is central knob to adjust tension but it’s more a disk brake setup rather than a band.

I know an advantage of Peloton is that unlike a bicycle, it's not weather dependent (if that worries you). On a sweltering hot day, using one indoors is probably not much fun. Although, I guess there is no reason why they can't be used outside in a yard or garden given an extension lead and sufficient WiFi range?

I know an advantage of Peloton is that unlike a bicycle, it's not weather dependent (if that worries you). On a sweltering hot day, using one indoors is probably not much fun. Although, I guess there is no reason why they can't be used outside in a yard or garden given an extension lead and sufficient WiFi range?
Or have a fan or standalone air con in the room ........ :) :)

Hows the Peloton excercising going?

I've still got gone for it yet, being careful with readies being on 80% pay, but considering getting it before the end of the year. just wondered how its all working out for the guys/gals that have one set up.

Still in full time use.
I use it Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday whilst Clare uses it Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
My non Peloton days are running days and I walk 6-7 times a week as well plus the odd strength work-out.
Peloton related; they switched their instructors to WFH as well and both live and recorded classes have continued to be available as normal, just without a studio full of participants too.
Continue to push hard and try for new personal bests and enjoy a mix of classes from HiiT to Tabata to music rides to hill climbs.
I’m routinely in the top 20-26% of the class globally which I’m happy with and definitely stronger and fitter as a result. Not just as a result of the peloton but the mix of exercise being done.
There is definitely something fun about beating participants many years younger but equally tough when watch someone older gain and then pass you!! Pushes you to new levels trying not to let it happen.

There is definitely something fun about beating participants many years younger but equally tough when watch someone older gain and then pass you!! Pushes you to new levels trying not to let it happen.
Good to hear, thats what appeals to me too. I used to train with a guy training for a triathlon, he was on a racing bike, I was on a mountain bike with nobbly tyres, I still kept up. Those were the good days. I'd like to get atleast half that fit again.

Not seen that but my personal take would be whether the original bike is now cheaper as a result?
If so then buy the cheaper option. You aren’t any taller then me so the size is of little value and my personal view is that the fixed screen is of such good quality that viewing it even when giving it your all out the saddle or recovering in the saddle, is no problem at all. And I don’t think a speaker upgrade is needed although perhaps forward facing would be an advantage.
Just buy one, you won’t regret it. Neither of us are cyclists at heart yet it makes up 40% of my exercise regime and would be missed.

Just a query, does the Peloton give a power Watts output? So when you increase the resistance and still pedal the same speed does the Watts output increase?

Back