Ordered a Wideband Guage

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I have a wide-band gauge int he car, made by AEM. I have had one in the car for many years. This one was new since the engine rebuild.

What does it do. Well its a sensor in the exhaust that measures Air/Fuel ratio, a great tool for tuning to get the correct fuelling, and effectively more power out of the engine. There is a display on the dash, and also give out an analogue voltage I can datalog with my tuning software.
aem30-0300.jpg

The one on my car seems to be stuck in the heat cycle. I contacted AEM for some clues. They said to check earths and that. I'm getting good voltage, and earth points appear to be good. So the next step in the diagnosis is to replace the sensor, if still not working. I'll swap out the pod. This is the exhast same model I have. There are many models, I went for the same one so I can swap out parts. I may even be able to repair my old one so I have a spare.

My previous one came from the states. As these are used on and tuning cars, I thought I'd check Demon Tweaks in the UK (where I got the Koni shock from) and they have them. It should be delivered tomorrow according to the tracking :)

At one time my passion for suspension and modifying for the best performance was as involving as your is with extracting the best performance from the engine. I wonder what changed for me?

At one time my passion for suspension and modifying for the best performance was as involving as your is with extracting the best performance from the engine. I wonder what changed for me?
Pot holes in the road possibly.
I have many bits to make it handle better. I like the sound and feel of force with acceleration, without handling the tires would spin up. So it's nice to have a bit of both. The thing is you get up to the speed limit quick, so that feel of acceleration is short.

IMG_20190926_130606.jpg

IMG_20190926_130814.jpg

IMG_20190926_130837.jpg

Parcel has arrived.

Back